Windows 10: Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...

Discus and support Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently using Windows 10 with Acer nitro 5 Laptop, Ryzen 7 5800H and Nvidia RTX 3060, 16gb ram. For launching Shortcuts using keyboard keys for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TJ 47, Dec 8, 2021.

1. TJ 47 Win User

Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...

I am currently using Windows 10 with Acer nitro 5 Laptop, Ryzen 7 5800H and Nvidia RTX 3060, 16gb ram. For launching Shortcuts using keyboard keys for ex: say "ctrl+shift+c" to open chrome only works when atleast one window is active and open.. when on desktop the shortcuts are not working. i need to open any window like "This PC" and then press the shortcut keys to launch the required app... i tried restarting windows and it works for a few seconds at start and then it does'nt..... tried reinstalling Nvidia graphics driver but not helping. ....i use another system with windows 7 and it

:)

TJ 47, Dec 8, 2021

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 8, 2021
  3. clayto Win User
    New Clipboard app will not open / launch

I have installed a new app from the Store.It is

ClipBoard Fast Copy Paste and Share Pro

I have not been able open / run / launch it. I have a Desktop shortcut icon, a Taskbar icon, and a Tile in the Start Menu and have repeatedly clicked each one, selecting both Open and run as Administrator without success. As I cannot oen it I have no access to whatever help info might be there or the email address of the Developer. With regard to the latter, the app listing in the Store does not have the usual info there. I have drawn a blank from an online search, the app is listed but only takes you to the relevant Store page. Any suggestions?

clayto, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...

Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...

1. Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open... - Similar Threads - Desktop shortcuts launching

2. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  3. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  4. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...

Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...: I am currently using Windows 10 with Acer nitro 5 Laptop, Ryzen 7 5800H and Nvidia RTX 3060, 16gb ram. For launching Shortcuts using keyboard keys for ex: say "ctrl+shift+c" to open chrome only works when atleast one window is active and open.. when on desktop the shortcuts...
  6. Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...

Desktop shortcuts for launching apps not working! instead needs at least an active and open...: I am currently using Windows 10 with Acer nitro 5 Laptop, Ryzen 7 5800H and Nvidia RTX 3060, 16gb ram. For launching Shortcuts using keyboard keys for ex: say "ctrl+shift+c" to open chrome only works when atleast one window is active and open.. when on desktop the shortcuts...
  7. Shortcuts on desktop: X instead of arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts on desktop: X instead of arrow: Recently I started seeing a change in my desktop shortcuts. There should be an arrow in the lower-right corner of each shortcut icon. But lately I'm seeing an X appear there. That's the left-hand image seen here ... [img] When I refresh the desktop (right-click > Refresh)...
  8. Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys

Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys: I have several apps on my desktop that I launch with shortcut keys. For instance, Ctrl-Shift-I launches Google so I can do an Internet search. I have been using these shortcut keys for years, as far back as Windows ME, and they have always been a great time saver. Ever...
  9. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  10. Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Shortcuts and Desktop: All my Shortcuts have now appeared in a Desktop file. I want them back on my Desktop Screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks 71579