Windows 10: Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

Discus and support Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DamienTheGod, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving.

:)

DamienTheGod, Jun 24, 2022

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Jun 24, 2022
  4. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

1. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Desktop Shortcuts keep

2. Windows 11 shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shortcut on desktop: Trying to create shortcut on my desktop. I have Windows 11 and I dont know how to do it. It is so basic in Windows 10. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-shortcut-on-desktop/c4ed8224-874b-43d3-b7f7-863dee71f53b
  3. Windows 11 shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shortcut on desktop: Trying to create shortcut on my desktop. I have Windows 11 and I dont know how to do it. It is so basic in Windows 10. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-shortcut-on-desktop/c4ed8224-874b-43d3-b7f7-863dee71f53b
  4. Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Shortcuts keep moving. Windows 11: Every time i turn on my pc my desktop shortcuts keep rearranging and idk why. I have auto rearrange off so idk why it keeps on doing it and how to keep everything from moving....
  5. My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop: [ATTACH] So I always make a "This PC" shortcut on my desktop and I always put it as the first shortcut on my desktop - https://preview.redd.it/47onhgx8ykz41.png?width=190&format=png&auto=webp&s=f71a1a8947ec2206ceca4cbc6036906df59cba57 But whenever I refresh my PC or just...
  6. shortcuts keep saying moved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shortcuts keep saying moved: I keep getting shortcuts being moved so I cannot open word documents if they haven't disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-keep-saying-moved/28ca4e84-eece-4f87-b8ca-f81804c689a3
  7. Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar: I have regularly pinned desktop shortcut icons to my taskbar simply by dragging them there. Currently I have one otherwise ordinary desktop icon which refuses to even offer me the option of being pinned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?...
  8. Windows 10 keeps moving my desktop This PC shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps moving my desktop This PC shortcut: Getting real tired of windows 10 already and its been 1 week. I have a This PC shortcut on my desktop and whenever i insert or remove a USB device which is quite often it moves from the top of its column to the bottom! It's not the auto arrange or align to the grid, i have...
  9. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173
  10. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020