Windows 10: desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"?

Discus and support desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have many games, and many launchers, since all games make shortcuts on my desktop, can I sort them so the last one I ran move to the first possition?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marcspc, Nov 7, 2019.

1. desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"?

I have many games, and many launchers, since all games make shortcuts on my desktop, can I sort them so the last one I ran move to the first possition? that would help to keep most used programs/games at top

submitted by /u/marcspc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marcspc, Nov 7, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 7, 2019
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"? :)

terrace, Nov 7, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"?

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"?

1. desktop shortcuts, "sort by last run"? - Similar Threads - desktop shortcuts sort

2. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  3. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  4. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is There a way to sort files by the last character?: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are...
  6. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a way to sort files by the last character?: Is there a way to Sort Files within File Explorer by the last character in the filename.See below. Show all the "A"'s first and others last.File0001File0001AFile0002File0002AFile0003File0001ABelow is an actual example of the video file names i want to search. there are...
  7. Is There a way to sort files by the last character?

8. Desktop sort

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop sort: I have just upgraded to Windows 11. It looks 'cute' but the functionally is extremely poor. Not ready for prime time. Since access to the Taskbar is hit-or-miss, I decided to put shortcuts to all my main apps on my desktop. Clearly when you have a lot of icons on the desktop...
  9. Desktop sort

Desktop sort: I have just upgraded to Windows 11. It looks 'cute' but the functionally is extremely poor. Not ready for prime time. Since access to the Taskbar is hit-or-miss, I decided to put shortcuts to all my main apps on my desktop. Clearly when you have a lot of icons on the desktop...
  10. Set Desktop Shortcuts to Run As Administrator (.urls)

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Desktop Shortcuts to Run As Administrator (.urls): So long story short I've created a brand new install of Windows 10 and created a local Administrator account called Pete. I placed a bunch of standard .url shortcuts on the desktop that open in IE11. My problem is that some of these sites need need iexplore.exe to Run As...