Windows 10: Desktop Shortcuts

Discus and support Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been saving shortcuts on my desktop. But a lot of times they get jumbled up and I can't find them. Is there a more organized way of saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shoobee, Aug 3, 2021.

1. shoobee Win User

Desktop Shortcuts

I have been saving shortcuts on my desktop. But a lot of times they get jumbled up and I can't find them. Is there a more organized way of saving websites, program shortcuts etc.? Using Win 10 64 Bit Thanks

:)

shoobee, Aug 3, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Desktop Shortcuts

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Shortcuts

1. Desktop Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Desktop Shortcuts

2. Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.: Create a desktop shortcut to websites with Edge as follows: 1. %windir%\explorer.exe microsoft-edge:website path 2. Specify the website icon. But the icon of "Explorer" in Task Manager becomes the icon of the website....
  3. Desktop shortcuts and program file .exe links are failing to open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop shortcuts and program file .exe links are failing to open.: My desktop links are failing to open. first one now three. Even program.exe file links do not work on those failed links. It seems something is happening. The links are not associated with each other. This is a new computer running Windows 10. I already used Task Manager "run...
  4. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  5. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  6. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts: This just started last week. My internet shortcuts no longer work from the Win 10 desktop. For example, I have a shortcut on my desktop for Facebook. However, when I click on it I just get a white page that says. [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,11...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not recognizing Desktop Internet shortcuts: This just started last week. My internet shortcuts no longer work from the Win 10 desktop. For example, I have a shortcut on my desktop for Facebook. However, when I click on it I just get a white page that says. [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] Prop3=19,11...
  9. a percentage sign shortcut to user desktop? eg. %USERPROFILE% or %SYSTEMROOT%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a percentage sign shortcut to user desktop? eg. %USERPROFILE% or %SYSTEMROOT%: So, I have been writing a short batch script to distribute and execute on multiple Windows 10 computers with desktop file location located differently. I cannot just insert my current desktop directory into the script and expect it to work on other machines as the directory...
  10. Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut: I am creating a new thread since my original problem "Unable to create Desktop Short cut nor New Folder in Windows 10" has been closed as solved. Wanted to report the following for those who responded to the problem: Feedback Report I have logged as Administrator and found...