Windows 10: desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied"

Discus and support desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer has 2 drives C: windows 10 came with computer and D: windows 10 from my old laptop. I boot from D sometimes to use previously installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JackWithAcerHelios, Dec 29, 2019.

1. desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied"

My computer has 2 drives C: windows 10 came with computer and D: windows 10 from my old laptop. I boot from D sometimes to use previously installed programs. When I tried to boot from C drive I noticed the pop up saying "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied". I also notice I cannot use the windows search bar or the button and all my pinned to taskbar items are a blank page. I also cannot see one drive anymore.

How can I restore my desktop?

I tried the following:

1.copying Desktop from defaults

2. running dism scanhealth and restorehealth

3.adding a everyone role with full permissions

Thanks

:)

JackWithAcerHelios, Dec 29, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied

Hello. My Dell PC is not working properly. It says Location is not available. Then underneath it says C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible . Access Denied

Please help.

Thank you,

Jasnielka

Jasnielka Valdez, Dec 29, 2019
  4. hamizzle2 Win User

desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied"

Access Denied

I tried. It says "access denied", same error. Anything that requires "administrator access" gives me this error. I only have one partition. Not working.

hamizzle2, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied"

1. desktop shows pop up "Desktop is no accessible. Access is denied" - Similar Threads - desktop shows pop

2. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10: Hello, i have windows 10 and I dont know what happened but when i turned it on today few wierd things happened.1. my desktop is black and i have only recycle bin icon on it2. My keyboard language has been switched3. When i go into file explorer > this computer > desktop It...
  3. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10: Hello, i have windows 10 and I dont know what happened but when i turned it on today few wierd things happened.1. my desktop is black and i have only recycle bin icon on it2. My keyboard language has been switched3. When i go into file explorer > this computer > desktop It...
  4. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Remote desktop - Deny access from pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop - Deny access from pc: I currently use RDP to connect some of my other personal computers.How can I prevent the user from signing in at the actual pc when I am remotely connected?...
  6. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: It all started when i tried to update Intel graphics card after installing the update I restarted my laptop and a error pop up and said trying to resolve issue, then it would load and fail when I tried to put my laptop on safe mode it would go to the desktop but this would...
  7. Denied access to my desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Denied access to my desktop folder: What does this mean and how to I regain access to my own computer? Windows 10 Pro Build 18362. Thanks. [img] 147835
  8. Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied: Hello. My Dell PC is not working properly. It says Location is not available. Then underneath it says C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible . Access Denied Please help. Thank you, Jasnielka...
  9. system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied: After the latest update, I now cannot login and keep getting the system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop is not accessible - Access is denied I have tried going back to a previous version by using the Start/Shift Key which allows me to get to the troubleshoot page -...
  10. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied (Windows 10 version): I have Windows 10 and it appears that I had a recent update. Here is my story in outline form 1) About two days ago after logging in to my Windows 10 account, the result was flashing black and white with an error message I could not read. 2) I sought to address the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:\users\asus\desktop is not accessible access is denied