Windows 10: Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

Discus and support Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Morning, My desktop has recently started to shut down after being put to sleep. It only appears to shut down after several hours of sleep (ie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShanePh16, Sep 8, 2019.

1. ShanePh16 Win User

Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

Good Morning,

My desktop has recently started to shut down after being put to sleep. It only appears to shut down after several hours of sleep (ie overnight). I checked my power settings and hibernate is set to never. Additionally, upon starting back up, I get a BSOD with the message "Internal power error". I need some help diagnosing what may be causing this. I have already disabled all non-windows applications from running on startup to ensure that isn't causing the issue.

:)

ShanePh16, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 won't sleep, shut down in place of sleep

Hello Tim,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sleep issue in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

This issue could have o cured due to incorrect settings or corrupted power settings on your system. We suggest you to follow the suggestions from the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 - Desktop PC shuts down by itself while in "sleep" after an hour or so....

For further reference check the steps provided in the link:

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

Let us know the results. we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

1. Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup - Similar Threads - Desktop Shuts Down

2. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  3. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  4. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  5. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  6. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC shuts down after sleep, seems to be a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down after sleep, seems to be a BSOD: For a few weeks I've been noticing that every time I wake my PC from sleep, it does a full boot. I've been looking into it a lot, and tried a number of suggestions without any luck: sfc /scannow dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Powercfg -h off chkdsk /r /v...
  8. BSOD on startup after shutting down Process has locked pages

BSOD on startup after shutting down Process has locked pages: So as the title states I've been having BSOD issues after shutting down my computer, and then turning it back on. It only ever seems to happen on shutdown because whenever I sleep it, it wakes up just fine and there is no issue. The current error I'm getting is...
  9. Sleep and Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  10. Computer shutting down soon after startup

Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...