Windows 10: Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

Discus and support Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Morning, My desktop has recently started to shut down after being put to sleep. It only appears to shut down after several hours of sleep (ie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShanePh16, Sep 8, 2019.

1. ShanePh16 Win User

Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

Good Morning,

My desktop has recently started to shut down after being put to sleep. It only appears to shut down after several hours of sleep (ie overnight). I checked my power settings and hibernate is set to never. Additionally, upon starting back up, I get a BSOD with the message "Internal power error". I need some help diagnosing what may be causing this. I have already disabled all non-windows applications from running on startup to ensure that isn't causing the issue.

:)

ShanePh16, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 won't sleep, shut down in place of sleep

Hello Tim,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sleep issue in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

This issue could have o cured due to incorrect settings or corrupted power settings on your system. We suggest you to follow the suggestions from the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 - Desktop PC shuts down by itself while in "sleep" after an hour or so....

For further reference check the steps provided in the link:

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

Let us know the results. we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup

1. Desktop Shuts Down After Sleep, BSOD on Startup - Similar Threads - Desktop Shuts Down

2. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  3. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  4. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  5. Computer shutting down soon after startup

Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...
  6. Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically

Laptop shuts down after going to sleep periodically: It seems just as of late, I'm enjoying my computer being shut down after it goes to sleep. This only happens once in a bit. It does not appear to be heating up whatsoever and all else seems to be working flawlessly. The machine is four years old but never moved off my desk....
  7. BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...

BSOD when Sleeping, Restarting or shutting down, page_fault_in_non...: A couple days ago when normally putting my PC to sleep at night it restarted. I then tried to put it to sleep again and watched as the screen went black and the pc just sat there on for like 10 seconds then began the process of rebooting. The next day when i was using my pc...
  8. shut down with no BSOD

shut down with no BSOD: hi guys. Weird problem. Had a BSOD which you guys id'd as being a malware-bytes issue so its been disabled. But now its shutting down with no BSOD primarily while in a browser but not any in particular. Appreciate any help you can give. 46579
  9. BSOD After Never Shutting Down

BSOD After Never Shutting Down: Hello, I've been getting a lot of BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. At first I suspected that the bluescreens came from having never shut down my computer (it's either in sleep mode or being used). It's annoyed me to the point that I need help. My system was overclocked to...
  10. Network shutting down on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network shutting down on startup: Hi I have weird problem if there's topic already created sorry in advance. So i put my computer to sleep and let's say i wake it up 5 mins later, what happens? My internet icon goes to red then a minute later it goes to yellow, then again red and again yellow, in 3rd...