Windows 10: Desktop Sidebar

Discus and support Desktop Sidebar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days. Silly question. Since Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CJW, Jan 11, 2021.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Desktop Sidebar

I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days.

Silly question. Since Microsoft doesn't support & has removed Desktop Gadgets from Windows, why are there still file references to the app?

Desktop Sidebar [​IMG]

:)

2. cant get rid of windows sidebar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The sidebar is the inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and it cannot be removed, however please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab
    • Type Windows feedback
    • Click the App
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 11, 2021
  3. ARTOSOFT Win User
    ATI Tool Plugin for Desktop Sidebar

Desktop Sidebar: www.desktopsidebar.com.

No need plugin on ATITool. You need MBM 5 (MotherBoard Monitor) to link ATITool to DesktopSidebar.

Afterthat, from ATITool, you can send GPU Temperature or GPU Environment Temperature to sensor (say sensor 3 or 4) of MBM. From Desktop Sidebar, you can select system monitor to display GPU temperature by select MBM sensor 3 or 4.

I have GPU temperature on my desktop sidebar.

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Desktop Sidebar

Vista sidebar gadgets for overclockers?

Yeah I know where it's supposed to be but for some reason it's not there now...

Someone mentioned Everest having a sidebar feature, and I found it in the options... looks like it has a good amount of readings you can select for it to display, but even when I check "show sidebar" or whatever the box is, it doesn't show up or list it in my gadgets list...

steiner666, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Sidebar

1. Desktop Sidebar - Similar Threads - Desktop Sidebar

2. Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen: I have multiple Sticky Notes spread across my desktop screen. Why is it when I do a restart and the desktop appears as normal....all of my sticky notes default to the top left corner of the screen and not to their original position I had them on my desktop screen? Also, for...
  3. Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen: I have multiple Sticky Notes spread across my desktop screen. Why is it when I do a restart and the desktop appears as normal....all of my sticky notes default to the top left corner of the screen and not to their original position I had them on my desktop screen? Also, for...
  4. How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC: In theory you should go to the user account manager and uncheck a box that says that the user must enter their credentials to be able to log in, as shown in this image: But I don't have such option, as you can see:How do I do this then? I don't want to type my credentials...
  5. How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go directly to the desktop when booting up the PC: In theory you should go to the user account manager and uncheck a box that says that the user must enter their credentials to be able to log in, as shown in this image: But I don't have such option, as you can see:How do I do this then? I don't want to type my credentials...
  6. How to attach the Edge sidebar to Windows desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to attach the Edge sidebar to Windows desktop: [IMG]If you want to attach the Edge sidebar to Windows desktop, here is how to do that. You can detach the sidebar and show it on your desktop as a standalone feature, which is fully functional. You must have Microsoft Edge version 116 or later to show or hide the Edge...
  7. Windows 10 users may now attach Microsoft Edge's sidebar to the desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 users may now attach Microsoft Edge's sidebar to the desktop: Microsoft has published Microsoft Edge 116, a new stable version of its Chromium-based browser. Released on August 21, 2023, Microsoft Edge 116 includes security updates and two new features. Existing installations of Microsoft Edge should receive the update automatically,...
  8. Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Desktop icons under This PC sidebar, Downloads vanished: I was trying to play around trying to change the target location of the desktop. Somehow, now I have ended up with two Desktop shortcuts on the Sidebar with the Downloads shortcut vanished. My question is, how do I remove one of these Desktop shortcuts, and how do I add the...
  9. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!: I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't...
  10. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen: I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't...