Windows 10: Desktop Sidebar

Discus and support Desktop Sidebar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days. Silly question. Since Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CJW, Jan 11, 2021 at 7:42 PM.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Desktop Sidebar

I'm running W10 Pro V1909 (Build 18363.418) at the moment but plan to update to V20H2 (Build 19042) in a few days.

Silly question. Since Microsoft doesn't support & has removed Desktop Gadgets from Windows, why are there still file references to the app?

Desktop Sidebar [​IMG]

:)

2. cant get rid of windows sidebar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The sidebar is the inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and it cannot be removed, however please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab
    • Type Windows feedback
    • Click the App
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM
  3. ARTOSOFT Win User
    ATI Tool Plugin for Desktop Sidebar

Desktop Sidebar: www.desktopsidebar.com.

No need plugin on ATITool. You need MBM 5 (MotherBoard Monitor) to link ATITool to DesktopSidebar.

Afterthat, from ATITool, you can send GPU Temperature or GPU Environment Temperature to sensor (say sensor 3 or 4) of MBM. From Desktop Sidebar, you can select system monitor to display GPU temperature by select MBM sensor 3 or 4.

I have GPU temperature on my desktop sidebar.

Regards,
    Arto.

4. Desktop Sidebar

Vista sidebar gadgets for overclockers?

Yeah I know where it's supposed to be but for some reason it's not there now...

Someone mentioned Everest having a sidebar feature, and I found it in the options... looks like it has a good amount of readings you can select for it to display, but even when I check "show sidebar" or whatever the box is, it doesn't show up or list it in my gadgets list...

Thema:

Desktop Sidebar

1. Desktop Sidebar - Similar Threads - Desktop Sidebar

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop: Hi I've just bought a microsoft sculpt ergonomic desktop to use with my microsoft surface pro but only the mouse works, the keyboard and number pad are not working. I see a lot of other people have posted the same issue and i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the...
  3. Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is larger than monitor and is blurry: I changed my screen resolution to higher than recommended then when I went back the desktop was too large for the monitor. The taskbar is cutoff halfway and I can barely see the close window button at the top of the screen as well as it is of lower quality and to get...
  4. Crashes to Desktop and Occasional BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes to Desktop and Occasional BSOD: Hi everyone, Just built a new pc and have been having all my games crash to the desktop, and occasionally getting a BSOD. Attached are the memory dumps from the bsods. 2 errors are: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by hidusb.sys DRIVER_RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused...
  5. Moved desktop icons and changed Autostart settings revert after restarting windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moved desktop icons and changed Autostart settings revert after restarting windows 10 Laptop: This issue started after the recent updates. Any changes that I make to desktop icon positions, and any apps that I disable the autostart for, get completely undone after restarting laptop. Question #1: What could possibly be causing this? Question #2: How can I fix it?...
  6. Remote Desktops Snap-in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktops Snap-in: Hi, I am a network admin who just upgraded his workstation from Windows 7 to 10. I had a Remote Desktops MMC which had all my servers on it in one place which was one of my main tools. Since I upgraded to Windows 10, when I launch that tool, The MMC says "MMC could not...
  7. Multiple desktops due to OneDrive

Multiple desktops due to OneDrive: Hello there! I have got 3 different Desktop Folders. One from my personal OneDrive account, one from my schools one drive account and one thats just on my harddrive. Is there any way that i can remove the two OneDrive-Desktops? I also have a lot of files duplicated on 2 of...
  8. Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night: Hi, Need help with the following: There was an automatic update on my computer last night January 14th. The Update appears to be called "Quality Update" with a number of 107, not sure if it means 107 updates or other? All my desktop files, apps, pictures, shortcuts are...
  9. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen Please help!: I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't...
  10. Desktop and sidebar gone green screen

Desktop and sidebar gone green screen: I was going through my Task Manager Processes and went into memory processes closing programs to free up space and suspended "Explorer.exe" now my desktop is completely green, no sidebar, no program icons, normal and right-clicking do nothing, and Ctrl + Alt + Esc and won't...