Windows 10: desktop size changes after updates

Discus and support desktop size changes after updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time my computer does an update, the screen size changes and is too big so all the icons are off the screen. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PattyGordanier, Oct 11, 2019.

1. desktop size changes after updates

Every time my computer does an update, the screen size changes and is too big so all the icons are off the screen. How do I fix this?

:)

PattyGordanier, Oct 11, 2019

2. change the grid size of the desktop

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

• Right click on Desktop.
    • Click on View and select Small Icons.

Method 2:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under Display, keep the value as 100% for “change size of text, app and other items”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 11, 2019
  3. how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

desktop size changes after updates

How to change size of desktop icons?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, let me know what exactly you mean by print size at icons? Are you referring to text of icons?

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps to increase the size of desktop icons or not.

1. Click on Start
    and open Settings.

2. Open System
    and click on Display in the left pane.

3. Move the slider
    for the option "Change the size of the text, apps and other items" to the right to make size and text bigger.

4. Check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

desktop size changes after updates

1. desktop size changes after updates - Similar Threads - desktop size changes

2. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  3. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  4. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  5. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  6. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  7. Changing icon size on desktop

Changing icon size on desktop: Somehow one of my children changed the icon size of the recycle bin on my desktop screen so it is really large. How do I get it back to the regular size? Thank you....
  8. Permanently change desktop icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently change desktop icon size: Does anybody know how to change the desktop icon size permanently? I know you can change the size with Alt+ScrollWheel or through the View context menu on the Desktop. But those changes revert whenever Explorer is restarted (including when it decides to restart itself for...
  9. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  10. Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size: I just installed Build 9879 over Windows 7 on a spare machine and it went as expected except for the size of the Icon fonts and size of the taskbar. They both are much larger than they were on Win 7. I can't remember how to make them smaller. I make the icons themselves...