Windows 10: desktop size

Discus and support desktop size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using windows for a long time Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons. Not many persons actually move it to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamBiałek, Apr 11, 2020.

1. desktop size

I am using windows for a long time

Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons.
    Not many persons actually move it to the different position from the default.
    For me it is very usefull.
    But with it there is one thing very annoing.
    Almost never apps recognize a new desktop size position after taskbar repositioning.
    And I understand it happens with third-party applications but it is unforgetable for Microsorft apps and especially with built in Windows apps.
    It should be finally fixed !!!

:)

AdamBiałek, Apr 11, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 11, 2020
  4. desktop size

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

desktop size

1. desktop size - Similar Threads - desktop size

2. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  3. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  4. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus: Just happened one day, I started up the computer and the text size was HUGE.Windows is up to date."Text size" in Accessibility is at the lowest level. I tried adjusting it up and then back down too."Scale" in Accessibility is set to 100%.Doesn't matter if I change the size of...
  6. Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus

Font size suddenly huge for desktop icons, file manager, many menus: Just happened one day, I started up the computer and the text size was HUGE.Windows is up to date."Text size" in Accessibility is at the lowest level. I tried adjusting it up and then back down too."Scale" in Accessibility is set to 100%.Doesn't matter if I change the size of...
  7. How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?: How do I get my OVERSIZE? photos on my desktop back to the "original" NORMAL size photos when viewing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-my-photos-down-to-original-normal/90c67322-968b-4b04-ab1b-eaf4b98d8a66
  8. How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?: How do I get my OVERSIZE? photos on my desktop back to the "original" NORMAL size photos when viewing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-my-photos-down-to-original-normal/90c67322-968b-4b04-ab1b-eaf4b98d8a66
  9. How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?

10. Why did my font size get smaller for desktop icon text and google chrome tabs after a...

Why did my font size get smaller for desktop icon text and google chrome tabs after a...: I restarted my computer for a windows update and afterwards I noticed that the text under my desktop icons and well as the text in my google chrome tabs are visibly smaller. I don't know what's going on because I never messed with the fonts before. How do I change it back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust desktop size and position windows 10

2. size of desktop icon icons