Windows 10: Desktop Slideshow not working?

Discus and support Desktop Slideshow not working? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Oddly enough it seemed to work before with the default picture set, but when I tried to set it to a folder in my OneDrive it doesn't switch over, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FuturDreamz, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Desktop Slideshow not working?

Oddly enough it seemed to work before with the default picture set, but when I tried to set it to a folder in my OneDrive it doesn't switch over, and not even any other folder works. Slideshow lists two folders (pictures, OneDrive desktop) but they are both greyed out and unclickable.

Help? Thanks.

:)

FuturDreamz, Jun 27, 2015

2. Slideshow set to fit big landscape images overflowing into 2nd and 3rd monitor

Which specific slideshow? Do you mean the desktop background slideshow, the screensaver slideshow, or the lock screen slideshow?

zachd [MSFT], Jun 27, 2015
  3. Rotating photos on the screen

heck if Desktop slideshow is turned on

Well, the desktop slideshow feature will not work if it’s turned off. So it’s important to make sure that the feature is enabled under Settings.

To check the status of desktop slideshow feature:

Step 1: Right-click on the empty area of desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Under the Background section, make sure that Slideshow option is selected.

Allow slideshow when on battery

With default settings, Windows 10 doesn’t automatically change the desktop background picture when your PC is running on battery power to improve the backup time. In short, the desktop slideshow doesn’t work when the PC is using battery power.

However, you can configure Windows 10 to allow slideshow feature when on battery by following given below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop, click Personalize, and then click Background.

Step 2: Turn on the option labelled Allow slideshow when on battery feature to force Windows 10 to automatically change the desktop background even if the PC is running on battery power.

Check the number of wallpapers in the selected folder

As you likely know, while enabling the desktop slideshow feature, Windows 10 asks you to select a folder containing pictures that you want to use for the slideshow feature.

If the slideshow is not working, make sure that the folder you selected has at least two pictures as Windows 10 can’t automatically change the desktop background if there is only one picture inside the selected folder.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 27, 2015
  4. casherman Win User

Desktop Slideshow not working?

I am having the same issue but not using OneDrive, just trying to have it use the folder on my computer "Pictures."

casherman, Aug 7, 2015
  5. The reason your Slide Show is not working is because by default your Slide Show is paused in Windows 10. You will need to:

This had to do with the Power schemes. This is what fixed mine!

Type edit power plan in the Start Search box, and then click Edit power plan.
    Click Change advanced power settings.
    Select Available in Desktop background settings->Slide show.
    That's it you should see the background changing.

Hopefully that helps.

jabryanttxawm, Aug 14, 2015
  6. casherman Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but mine already does say available. *Sad Hmm... any other ideas?

casherman, Aug 14, 2015
  7. ddayunit Win User
    This worked for me:
    My advanced settings were fine slideshow was "available" under power options, but it wouldn't work.

personalize> background> I changed my background to picture and opened a new picture under browse
    THen I waited about 5 or more minutes... was browsing this forum.
    I switched it back to Slideshow and it was working again.
    MAybe the settings needed time to adjust? idk but I have a new fast pc so it may be a delay bug in programming somewhere I guess.

ddayunit, Aug 8, 2016
  8. ddayunit Win User

It stopped working again but I found a permanent solution!
    I copied all the pictures from the "pictures" folder and put them in the "Saved pictures" folder and personalize>browse>pictures>saved pictures and selected "saved pictures" folder to display slideshow and it's been working ever since!

ddayunit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Slideshow not working? - Similar Threads - Desktop Slideshow working

2. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  3. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  4. Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow: For the last couple years now I've had multiple monitors and have been really enjoying the slideshow feature for different backgrounds. At present, my desktop background folder contain almost 700 various background images. However, the layout of my monitors is one on my...
  5. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  6. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  7. 1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working: To be clear, I am NOT talking about the screensaver settings found in Power Settings! I have set Background Slideshow to 'Change picture every' 1 Day. I can go a week without it changing automatically. I have done some tests with settings of 1 minute or 10 minutes, then...
  8. Desktop Slideshow Not Working In Windows 10

Desktop Slideshow Not Working In Windows 10: [ATTACH] i install this software and make the slide show not working.. how to fix it without uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-slideshow-not-working-in-windows-10/2fbe5a12-a870-424e-8d66-da5213789d0d
  9. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  10. Slideshow not working....

Slideshow not working....: hi guys, one of the 4 pc's with Windows 10 on it gives me problems with the slideshow. Strange because on the other computers (no inside fast install) and mine it works perfect. Everytime, at a given moment the slideshow restarts at best. On the other hand, it stops...