Windows 10: Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

Discus and support Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round. On that I would like to have a slideshow showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidBurlakoff, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round.

On that I would like to have a slideshow showing pictures of my grandkids : .

Can this be done?

Thanks

:)

DavidBurlakoff, Jul 17, 2020

2. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Desktop Slideshow not working?

Oddly enough it seemed to work before with the default picture set, but when I tried to set it to a folder in my OneDrive it doesn't switch over, and not even any other folder works. Slideshow lists two folders (pictures, OneDrive desktop) but they are both greyed out and unclickable.

Help? Thanks.

FuturDreamz, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

1. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture - Similar Threads - Desktop Slideshow backround

2. backround

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backround: how do I save the image that I saved off the web as my backround on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backround/82a22608-e431-4d39-a83b-aa5cd4fc539d
  3. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  4. desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures: can you guys explain this? I have a dir I use for the slideshow in this OS and NONE of them are split. they are single pictures only. Randomly I will get a pic that you see below. this is split in 2 frames, 2 different pics that are actually IN the dir! Sometimes I will...
  5. Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.: I have pictures in a folder where they exist in more than one format and aspect ratio. Is there a way to choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and have the slideshow change my desktop background using only 1920x1080? Or by tag? Or by multiple tags? I have a tag for my family...
  6. personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency

personalization -desktop slideshow picture change frequency: How do I get a more frequent desktop picture change than 1 minute. I would like it more like 10 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalization-desktop-slideshow-picture-change/c3936dcb-a3fa-4a4d-b45a-307124608ab4
  7. Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow

Stop using default pictures in WIN10 desktop background slideshow: Hi, I want to create desktop background slideshow from selected (and only selected) directory of my pictures. This was easy (something like settings -> motifs theme -> slideshow -> select source). However with the selected directory of about 5 pictures, the windows...
  8. Picture saved on phone magically became backround desktop image on 3 devices.

Picture saved on phone magically became backround desktop image on 3 devices.: I recently saved a family picture that my wife sent me via text. I saved the image to my iphone and now I noticed my laptop at home, pc at home, and pc at work all have that same image as the desktop backround. How and who did that? It's nice but I prefer to know how that...
  9. What is todays Windows Login backround picture?

What is todays Windows Login backround picture?: The login image today is amazing. It is five statue heads in front of what looks like Vietnamese or Tunisian ruins all reflected in a body of water with a sunset sky in the background. I would love to know where this is? Cant seem to screenshot it.....
  10. Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off

Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off: Daily, I find that the personalisation settings have changed. I boot to a new background but then it stays fixed on the new picture. In the Personalisation settings. 'Slideshow' changes itself to 'Picture'. I set it to use the slideshow when on batteries, but that switch...