Windows 10: Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast

Discus and support Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am having this problem where my desktop has really slow connection while everything else (phone, laptop, etc) has a really fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Conzenn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast

Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast D6HkWV_Y-cjPpxYu0uKeAae3W4mzK34YQpGwFWuAA4s.jpg

I am having this problem where my desktop has really slow connection while everything else (phone, laptop, etc) has a really fast connection. I can't seem to fix the problem so help will be greatly appreciated!

Desktop

Laptop

submitted by /u/Conzenn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Conzenn, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Slow downloading speed

Hi,

Are you on a laptop or a desktop?

Is the computer plugged in to charger when downloading? (laptop)

Courtesy Ronnie Vernon, MVP

The download speed has as much to do with the website server where you are downloading a file from as it does with your internet connection speed.

You can have a very fast internet connection, but experience very slow download speeds if the website has a slow server. This could be caused by very heavy traffic on that server or it may just be a slow server.

One thing you can do to check is to go to the following website and check your speed.

Speedtest.net:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Try several different test websites there to see the different download/upload speeds.

Compare the results with the website where you are seeing the slow downloads.

Smittychat., Jan 15, 2021
  4. Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast

fast internet speed, slow buffering

the speed is considered fast here. previously i can buffer youtube video in 360p with ease, no need to pause for buffering. after several windows update, internet become really slow.

ikassela89, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast

1. Desktop slow connection speed but everything else is fast - Similar Threads - Desktop slow connection

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  4. Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed: I have a laptop connected to internet via ethernet which is able to reach approx 100-150 Mbps depending on climate which is correct for my subscription. But on apps like say chrome, opera or epic games top speeds for downloading is about 10-15 Mbps which is barely just 10% of...
  5. Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed

Fast internet speed but slow downlaod speed: I have a laptop connected to internet via ethernet which is able to reach approx 100-150 Mbps depending on climate which is correct for my subscription. But on apps like say chrome, opera or epic games top speeds for downloading is about 10-15 Mbps which is barely just 10% of...
  6. Slow download speed on PC, fast everywhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed on PC, fast everywhere else: Hello!I hope you can help me. On my PC, I've been getting download speeds of anywhere between 200 kilobytes and 3 megabytes a second. It's taking me hours to install just a few gigs. In the very same room, however, my laptop and phone are downloading fine. I have ran speed...
  7. Slow download speed on PC, fast everywhere else

Slow download speed on PC, fast everywhere else: Hello!I hope you can help me. On my PC, I've been getting download speeds of anywhere between 200 kilobytes and 3 megabytes a second. It's taking me hours to install just a few gigs. In the very same room, however, my laptop and phone are downloading fine. I have ran speed...
  8. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  9. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  10. right click on desktop are extremely slow compared to everything else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click on desktop are extremely slow compared to everything else.: I have a new Windows 11 PC, as soon as I started using it I noticed that "right click on desktop" are extremely slow compared to everything else.the only temporary solution that I noticed resolved it was restarting explore.exe with administrative rights, but its not permanent...