Windows 10: desktop start menu and search button not working

Discus and support desktop start menu and search button not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; desktop start menu and search button not working i have done dsm and sfc and reinstalled windows none of it works i use desktop daily i noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gofran31, Jan 13, 2021.

1. gofran31 Win User

desktop start menu and search button not working

i have done dsm and sfc and reinstalled windows none of it works

i use desktop daily i noticed that when turning on pc and first thing i need to open is start buton after that it will work and start and search functions are reacting

but when turning on system and i dont open startmenu first then after long not touching the start button it will stop reacting this is a bug in windows and not system why

because Laptop also has same issue and other two friends have this issue

i already checked sytem files and dsm clean

is this bug or issue already being confirmed somwhere in the issue list or not ?

:)

gofran31, Jan 13, 2021

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Jan 13, 2021
  4. desktop start menu and search button not working

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. desktop start menu and search button not working - Similar Threads - desktop start menu

2. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  3. Search bar and windows start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar and windows start menu button not working: I've tried to restart file explorer in task manager, never helped, ran sfc, said it found corrupted files, and fixed it, but still never helped, what else can I try to fix those two options on the taskbar? submitted by /u/Cerberus45GTX [link] [comments]...
  4. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  5. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  8. start menu search not working

in Cortana
    start menu search not working: Hello, The start menu search has stopped working, please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-search-not-working/17d1856e-511b-4649-b2e3-d3d4c1fc1e52
  9. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  10. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...