Windows 10: Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?

Discus and support Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife's laptop auto updated to Windows 10 last week and everything had been working perfectly until yesterday. Suddenly her desktop/start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MSRadell, Aug 14, 2015.

1. MSRadell Win User

Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?

My wife's laptop auto updated to Windows 10 last week and everything had been working perfectly until yesterday. Suddenly her desktop/start menu reverted from the new Windows 10 start menu to the old Windows 8.1 desktop. I did some searching and supposedly if you go through control panel, appearance, taskbar and start menu properties there should be a start menu tab where you select which one you want. That tab doesn't exist on her machine or mine for that matter.

How can I get her desktop/start menu back to the standard Windows 10 style?

:)

MSRadell, Aug 14, 2015

2. How do I get back to the desktop.

How do I get back to the default desktop (like windows 7 desktop). I was messing around with the hotkey's and it changed my desktop to this weird display screen (like windows 8's start menu) how do i get it back?

The Cat Mage, Aug 14, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Start menu

Are you on the Start menu or the Desktop. Unlike Windows 8, Windows 10 starts at the Desktop not the Start menu.

lacrumb, Aug 14, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi

I think you're looking in the wrong place.

Go to: Settings>System>Tablet Mode & then disable tablet mode.

Did that work?

WhyMe, Aug 14, 2015
  5. MSRadell Win User
    That was already set to off, I just verified that so I'm still looking for a solution. It's very frustrating to say the least.

MSRadell, Aug 14, 2015
  6. CyberTod Win User
    Check here aswell :

Settings -> Personalisation -> Start -> Use start full screen

Set to Off

CyberTod, Aug 14, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    Ditto ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just about to post that *Tongue

WhyMe, Aug 14, 2015
  8. MSRadell Win User

That Solved It! Thanks for the help!

MSRadell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style? - Similar Threads - Desktop Start Menu

2. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  3. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  4. Old style start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  5. Start Menu Switches Back from Fluent Design to Older Style

Start Menu Switches Back from Fluent Design to Older Style: I am running the preview version of windows 10, version 20215.1000. The new fluent design for the start menu worked for one day yesterday. Today, it has reverted to the older style. I know that that feature, in the past, was not rolled out to all preview installs. My question...
  6. Windows 10 changed Start menu style and I can't seem to go back

Windows 10 changed Start menu style and I can't seem to go back: I opened my pc and saw everything had changed. My start menu moved from the left buttom of the screen to the center. Windows button eventually doesn't open anymore the Start menu. I can not access the desktop anymore. I can not minimize apps. Too many changes. Here are some...
  7. Start Menu Apps fonts style

Start Menu Apps fonts style: i have recently changed windows 10 fonts style using registry editor but start menu Apps fonts style is not changed why? suggest if any method. i want to make my PC stylish...
  8. Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10: Dear all, On my Asus UX305, I kept my Windows 8.1, because I actually like the Start Menu. I know that it is possible to have a similar setup in Windows 10, but it definitely does not look the same. Is there a way that I can edit the background of the Start Menu in...
  9. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen: Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926. Thanks 4238
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323