Windows 10: Desktop stuck at logo in boot after January 2019 update today

Discus and support Desktop stuck at logo in boot after January 2019 update today in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The update is for Windows 10. Any thoughts on a fix? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benbuck, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Benbuck Win User

Desktop stuck at logo in boot after January 2019 update today

The update is for Windows 10. Any thoughts on a fix? Thanks

:)

Benbuck, Jan 18, 2019

2. Microsoft January 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes
    January 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: January 08, 2019

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Jan 18, 2019
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Desktop stuck at logo in boot after January 2019 update today

Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Desktop stuck at logo in boot after January 2019 update today

1. Desktop stuck at logo in boot after January 2019 update today - Similar Threads - Desktop stuck logo

2. Stuck on Acer logo on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Acer logo on boot: Hey,My laptop had a BSOD and after it rebooted it’s been stuck like that for 2 hours maybe and I wish you could helpThanks,Aidan COLES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-acer-logo-on-boot/0b91b711-f53d-4117-a4c0-b33ecfe05a3c
  3. Stuck at boot logo after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at boot logo after 2004 update: Hi. I have a MSI GS65 8se i7 8750h, rtx 2060, 512gb+1tb ssds, 24gb ram. I applied the windows 2004 update just this morning, run a quick scan of defender afterwards, then rebooted. I cannot get past the boot logo of my laptop anymore after. Here are a few things ive done:...
  4. Stuck on Surface Logo after updates

Stuck on Surface Logo after updates: Hi In the company I work for we have several Surface Pros. They all have Windows 10 and very similar spec. We use Bitlocker on them all. Reasonably frequently on any one of these Surface Pros after windows updates have been installed and the system reboots it will not reboot...
  5. Updates since January 2019

Updates since January 2019: Hi, Has anyone else had trouble getting updates (Windows update) Mine not been updated since 29.01 and says Error encountered - we couldn't connect you to the update service etc. thanks...
  6. Windows Update January 2019

Windows Update January 2019: I have windows 10, version 1803 but why am I receiving update feature to windows 10, version 1809 on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-january-2019/e22a98ea-4450-4a4a-b85b-70435757b936
  7. BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809: Has anyone else had their PC utterly killed by the latest updates? And Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I'm a freelancer and every day without my computer is lost money and disappointed or angry clients. I can't afford to keep mucking around with "customer...
  8. BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809

BSOD after downloading January 2019 updates 1809: Has anyone else had their PC utterly killed by the latest updates? And Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I'm a freelancer and every day without my computer is lost money and disappointed or angry clients. I can't afford to keep mucking around with "customer...
  9. January 2019 Update sucks!

January 2019 Update sucks!: On my desktop, since installing the Jan 2019 Updates, I have had huge problems, problems that repeated calls to Microsoft updates tech support have not resolved. In fact, I was escalated twice to Level 2 and once to Level 3, who ignored the scheduled call back to me and...
  10. printers disappeared after January 2019 windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printers disappeared after January 2019 windows updates: After these two updates: KB 4480979 and KB 4483234, which both installed a few days ago, both of my printers disappeared from the printers list (one printer is cabled to the computer and the other is wireless). When I click on add printers & scanners, the two printers cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stuck on start up and account access after loading update 1809 2019

2. 4480961 boot

3. no boot after microsoft update jan 2019

4. jan 2019 update hangs