Windows 10: Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen

Discus and support Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started having issues a few days ago with my Lenovo desktop that I believe started after a windows 10 update (computer originally came with Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JillGarman, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen

I started having issues a few days ago with my Lenovo desktop that I believe started after a windows 10 update (computer originally came with Windows 7 a few years ago). The label on my tower just says Machine Type: 10117. At first my computer would freeze while I was online. Then after it was in sleep mode it would freeze on the Lenovo logo and not wake up. Other times after not using it for a few hours it would have a black screen with a cursor. I kept trying to reboot it and eventually I would get a blue screen saying Windows couldn't start and would try to repair. I would get a message saying it could not repair. I tried going into safe mode but it would just go back to the "trying to repair screen". Eventually I chose option 8 which was to start without anti-malaware programs as I read that the new Windows update could be affected by that. I was able to boot up and uninstalled Norton Anti-virus. It worked for a bit but then I got the same issues. I realized Norton was not totally removed so I took care of that and it worked good for quite a few days. This morning I got up and the Lenovo logo was frozen on the screen. I tried to wake the computer and it started beeping at me. 3 short beeps then 1 long beep. It did this over and over. I shut it off and tried to reboot and it went to a completely black screen. Nothing else. I had lost my cable to back up my files and just got a new one from Amazon delivered today. One day too late. Please help. I am thinking it is more of a Windows issue from an update. I am not the most computer literate person so it must be detailed in what I can do. I don't want to lose my data and want to try to get Windows up for backup when I get off work.

:)

JillGarman, Dec 5, 2018

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Gtx 460 black screen issue

I have an EVGA gtx 460 that has started acting odd. Every once in awhile I would get a black screen that would require a hard reset. Then eventually the other day, it wouldn't boot at all. It would boot to the windows logo and then black screen.

Replaced it with a spare card, booted up fine.

Put the 460 back in, black screen.

Booted in safe mode, boots fine.

Uninstalled driver and reboot to full windows... boots fine with no driver installed.

Reinstalled latest driver (was already on latest driver when this started) and rebooted. Black screen.

Booted into safe mode and uninstalled driver again.

Reboot to full windows, install old version of driver, reboot. Black screen.

Reboot to safe mode, uninstall driver, reboot to full windows install reeeeeaaally old version of driver. Reboot. Black screen....

So... the only time the card works is when there is no nvidia driver installed... weird.

Anybody got any ideas? I haven't tried testing it in a clean windows install yet, but that's my next step I guess.

Papahyooie, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen

1. Desktop stuck on Lenovo screen and then when I rebooted I have a black screen - Similar Threads - Desktop stuck Lenovo

2. Lenovo Y740 Screen Black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Y740 Screen Black screen: Lenovo Y740 Screen Black screen , i see the legion logo very dim at power on the device , and it goes so dark can't be seen , not even can see bios screen or any restart modification , the device working on outside monitor using HDMI , but no access to to the device screen...
  3. Lenovo Y740 Screen Black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Y740 Screen Black screen: Lenovo Y740 Screen Black screen , i see the legion logo very dim at power on the device , and it goes so dark can't be seen , not even can see bios screen or any restart modification , the device working on outside monitor using HDMI , but no access to to the device screen...
  4. Lenovo laptop black screen stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop black screen stuck: Background Windows update running how to stop update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-black-screen-stuck/cb4646b2-30a0-431a-8118-8a6835181409
  5. Lenovo laptop black screen stuck

Lenovo laptop black screen stuck: Background Windows update running how to stop update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop-black-screen-stuck/cb4646b2-30a0-431a-8118-8a6835181409
  6. Lenovo laptop screen goes black and I have tried everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop screen goes black and I have tried everything!: I have tried updating the drivers, ending explorer.exe, disabling fast start up, not letting the laptop go to sleep. I am at a loss. It happens on charge and off charge. I do notice that sometimes it happens when I have something playing and then when I wake the mouse up to...
  7. Lenovo laptop screen goes black and I have tried everything!

Lenovo laptop screen goes black and I have tried everything!: I have tried updating the drivers, ending explorer.exe, disabling fast start up, not letting the laptop go to sleep. I am at a loss. It happens on charge and off charge. I do notice that sometimes it happens when I have something playing and then when I wake the mouse up to...
  8. Lenovo laptop screen goes black and I have tried everything!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo 100s stuck on black screen after reset: Hi everyone, My in laws have been having problems with their latop running slowly. As they only ever us it for emails, I thought the best option was just to reset it. During the reset it got to 66% then said there were problems and it couldn't complete the action. From...
  10. Black screen on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop stuck on black lenovo screen