Windows 10: desktop suddenly has doubled icons

Discus and support desktop suddenly has doubled icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; double icons on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-has-doubled-icons/21cdbdd3-47c1-4d81-ba99-c84b0ec0f53d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dorenebrouillet, Apr 18, 2021.

1. desktop suddenly has doubled icons

double icons on my desktop

:)

dorenebrouillet, Apr 18, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 18, 2021
  4. desktop suddenly has doubled icons

opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

desktop suddenly has doubled icons

1. desktop suddenly has doubled icons - Similar Threads - desktop suddenly has

2. icons on the desktop become suddenly greater

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons on the desktop become suddenly greater: Hi, Since yesterday, the desktop icons have become larger so that they are completely disorganized. When trying to modify the display parameters right click on the desktop, I saw that the size of the icons was already programmed to the minimum possible size 100%. Is there...
  3. Double desktops?

Double desktops?: The screen flashes to black background and then back to white and makes a sound before switching screens or when I choose something that it cannot do. I thought it was this computer, but I signed into a brand new computer and it does the same thing. It must be my set-up....
  4. Double desktops?

Double desktops?: Computer seems to have two different desktops going at the same time. When switching documents or programs, a black background desktop flashes and then returns to normal screen....
  5. Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon Suddenly Missing: Last night when I finished browsing on Firefox and closed it down, I noticed that one of my desktop shortcuts was missing. I checked my Recycle Bin just in case I accidentally deleted it or dragged it there while clicking, but it was empty. I'm also 100% certain that I...
  6. Right pointing double angle icons on all desktop file icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Right pointing double angle icons on all desktop file icons: Last week, all of my desktop file icons now have blue arrows next to them. Looks like this >> but blue. This is NOT the compressed arrow icons that everyone has in their threads. Can someone help me get rid of them? Using Windows 10. Thank you. 149408
  7. Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons": How do I disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"? I went into the Local Group Policy Editor and tried to disable it there but it doesn't work. While on the desktop I'll sometimes double-click by accident and it'll hide the icons. It gets annoying after a while. Any info...
  8. Extended screen double desktop icons

Extended screen double desktop icons: I have extended screens with icons on each screen some of the folder and shortcuts is doubles like Chrome and My PC. When I'm unplugged the second screen all his icons moves to the laptop screen. My question is if there is any way to save desktop for one screen and a...
  9. Double Office Icons

Double Office Icons: Hello, About a month ago, I got a new computer for university. The computer came in with a trail version of office, which I got rid of, and later installed it again, this time with the university credentials. The problem is that I have a pair of duplicate icons in my "All...
  10. Icons on desktop doubled

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop doubled: I have everal icons on my desktop. Some were short cut icons one day I started up my computer and they all doubled. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any idea what happened? 94865