Windows 10: Desktop symbol placement

Discus and support Desktop symbol placement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Saul Gritz, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Desktop symbol placement

I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this?

:)

Saul Gritz, Jan 24, 2019
  2. S_and_S Win User

Desktop symbol placement

This method is easy, and the symbols will always remain in the same place:

1- Create a .jpg or a .png that has the background you want, and setup the symbols as you like them. Be sure that the resulting picture has the same resolution as the default resolution of your monitor. Any image editing application will do - even Microsoft
    Paint.

2- Set that picture as your desktop background:

Start menu -- Settings app -- Personalization -- Background

S_and_S, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Desktop symbol placement

Desktop symbol placement

I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this?

Saul Gritz, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Desktop symbol placement

1. Desktop symbol placement - Similar Threads - Desktop symbol placement

2. Alias symbol on Desktop Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alias symbol on Desktop Changing: Hello:On my desktop, I have a variety of aliases for applications on my computer generated by Steam as part of the install process. Normally, I see the arrow symbol on the alias to indicate that it is an alias.However, I keep seeing that the alias symbol will change on some...
  3. Alias symbol on Desktop Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alias symbol on Desktop Changing: Hello:On my desktop, I have a variety of aliases for applications on my computer generated by Steam as part of the install process. Normally, I see the arrow symbol on the alias to indicate that it is an alias.However, I keep seeing that the alias symbol will change on some...
  4. Desktop is full of symbols and not in text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop is full of symbols and not in text: I have my desktop and all my notes/word etc are in symbols . how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-is-full-of-symbols-and-not-in-text/be15cbf8-cb81-4e96-a747-1876c55ccbf1
  5. ICON PLACEMENT

ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  6. Missing Desktop windows symbol

Missing Desktop windows symbol: I have recently installed Norton 360 on windows 10. After restart windows symbol on desktop is not visible .But the system is working. Kindly help me to get normal windows 10 desktop....
  7. desktop icon placement

desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  8. Desktop placement of open windows returns to default on reboot

Desktop placement of open windows returns to default on reboot: Please note, this has nothing to do with resolution settings. I like to set my display up with my browser window open at the right of the screen and, using the arrows, pulled down to the top of the task bar, and File Explorer and other programs often shown on the right. Since...
  9. Placement of new icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Placement of new icons on the desktop: Hello everyone, I have an issue that has been nagging me for years now and through multiple versions of Windows and am hoping someone can help me finally figure it out. I use my desktop as my workspace - in addition to shortcuts it also contains files and folders I am...
  10. Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons have wacky placement on CU?: Hey guys, This is a strange one. Yes, I know my desktop is messy. But that's not really the point. I made a short 1-minute video showing the problem, and it's much easier to show that way than trying to explain in writing and screenshots. See below: IBsmW6nishU...