Windows 10: Desktop taking several attempts to boot

Discus and support Desktop taking several attempts to boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I attempted to update bios but in all honesty I'm not sure if I've done it correctly. check your current BIOS version number If it continues to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jsc98, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Desktop taking several attempts to boot

check your current BIOS version number

If it continues to boot successfully from rescue, then it could be your current Windows OS (e.g. like a recent MS update just hosed you)

If it fails, then likely problem with your h/w

ComputerGeek, Dec 28, 2016
  2. jsc98 Win User

BIOS is up to date, will give rescue a go once downloaded

jsc98, Dec 28, 2016
  3. jsc98 Win User
    Update: Attempted to boot from rescue ISO several times, and came across the same issue (notably this was only after I left it powered down for a little while, it booted perfectly if I immediately did an off/on)

jsc98, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Desktop taking several attempts to boot

Since still occurring, IMO pretty much points to a hardware issue. (I'm more of s/w guy) Other then the basics:
    > Check / re-seat connections
    > Clear dust
    > Reset any customization (like overclocking)

Perhaps someone else on this forum canhelp more then i can at this point. If you haven't already, I'd also post your problem on the ASUS board and Tom's Hardware. Good luck

ComputerGeek, Dec 28, 2016
  5. dob1 Win User
    I've been having almost the same problem over the last few months. My solution has basically been to leave the computer on. It seems to restart OK from updates, but if I turn it off it takes between 2 and 10 attempts to get to the POST screen. I don't think the problem can be Windows even though it seemed to start just after an update. It happens before the motherboard has accessed the boot record. My next option will be to take the main box apart and check all plugs and connections.

Thema:

Desktop taking several attempts to boot

1. Desktop taking several attempts to boot - Similar Threads - Desktop taking several

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. Why does my computer take several times to boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer take several times to boot?: Often I turn my computer on, it makes the start up sound, my keyboard lights up and so does the power button. However my mouse does not light up and no picture is displayed. Out of about twenty tries it turned on once. Please can someone help....
  5. Why does my computer take several times to boot?

Why does my computer take several times to boot?: Often I turn my computer on, it makes the start up sound, my keyboard lights up and so does the power button. However my mouse does not light up and no picture is displayed. Out of about twenty tries it turned on once. Please can someone help....
  6. Why does my computer take several times to boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer take several times to boot?: Often I turn my computer on, it makes the start up sound, my keyboard lights up and so does the power button. However my mouse does not light up and no picture is displayed. Please can someone help...
  7. Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic will NOT work - several attempts: Hi. I recently got done switching a prebuilt HP Omen over to a Corsair 4000d Airflow case. The case has a combo-jack on the front panel. This was the same as my old one, where my headset worked perfectly. It fit into my motherboard exactly the same. Now, my only issue is my...
  8. This might take several minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...
  9. Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops): Dear community, sometimes I am using two desktops in Windows 10. I would to like to have two instances of a program (e.g. Sticky Notes) open at the same time (one on each desktop). While this works for some programs, this does not work for e.g. Sticky Notes. Is there...
  10. several desktops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    several desktops: First, let me say the problem I am having is not the second drive.. I have a C drive a D drive (recovery drive. I have a problem with my computer showing more than one user. I will save a document or a photo, etc. What will happen is that it will go into my pc or the name of...