Windows 10: Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Discus and support Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by William Augusto Ribeiro, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 9. Bootcamp wasn't working properly before, so I restored it with the latest drivers and reset PRAM, which got it working well again, but didn't fix the first problem. Windows Explorer works fine for browsing files. All drivers, including video, are updated. I tried disabling every initializing program, including Classic Start Menu, which I thought might have been the issue, nothing changed. I tried going back to a restoration poin,t but it didn't succeed and showed a message saying it was probably blocked by an antivirus and I should try again with it temporarily disabled, but I have tried executing every single .exe file in the BitDefender folders and couldn't get the UI to show, so I can't restore it. I have been running programs manually using Task Manager (and now have switched to Process Explorer), but it is still a hassle to not have a proper Windows experience.

:)

William Augusto Ribeiro, Jun 22, 2019

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Removing "Store" from the windows taskbar and Start Menu.

Hi Folks,

I have Windows 10 Pro installed on a number of machines. On one machine I can't remove the "Store" from either the Start Menu or the Taskbar. On other machines this is a simple right-click and Unpin (taskbar) or right-click, More, Don't show on this list.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Shane

Shane Devenshire, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsDesktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing. :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

1. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing. - Similar Threads - Desktop Taskbar Start

2. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  3. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  4. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.: Hi there,I have had a days worth of problems with my windows laptop.A few days ago I logged into my work office 365 account via Edge. I was then unable to open Office Store. I then updated Windows 10. I then downloaded windows 11. Now I have lost my Taskbar and Start Menu....
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.: Hi there,I have had a days worth of problems with my windows laptop.A few days ago I logged into my work office 365 account via Edge. I was then unable to open Office Store. I then updated Windows 10. I then downloaded windows 11. Now I have lost my Taskbar and Start Menu....
  7. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  8. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  9. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu: When I turn on my laptop, there are no desktop icons and no taskbar menus. Windows explorer is not working, there is no taskbar. ctrl+alt+del shows security options but when I choose taskbar it does not open any window. Any Help?????...
  10. Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu won't open from taskbar on the desktop: I upgraded to Windows 10 last night and have had nothing but problems. The biggest one is the fact that I cannot open the start menu, I had worked around it by right clicking it and then selecting what I needed from there. However now that doesn't even work. Any help...