Windows 10: Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by richarddwyer1, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

All my icons have been unpinned from the bottom of the desktop screen. Cannot get them back. any suggestions ?

:)

richarddwyer1, Sep 29, 2018
  2. KayCurran Win User

Desktop, taskbar and icons are missing in Windows 10

Original Title: How do I recover my desktop and icons in W 10

I've been using Windows 10 for a while now but yesterday when I booted up, my desktop and icons are missing and the task bar is gone too. I've tried some of the suggestions but have had no luck. Please help! Thank you K

KayCurran, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 29, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10

1. Desktop taskbar icons gone missing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop taskbar icons

2. Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop. Missing taskbar app icon problem: I hope I can explain this problem adequately. On my Windows 10 laptop's Taskbar, I have pinned 6 frequently used apps. Four of those apps appear just fine. Two apps "Mail" and "Microsoft Store" are pinned and I can activate them, but they don't have icons. If I hover my mouse...
  3. Icon gone missing

Icon gone missing: volume icon is missing in my taskbar. when I tried to enable it, the network icon disappeared .I can't pin volume ,network and battery icon all together. Only two remains and the other disappeared . The missing icon is not in icon tray![ATTACH]...
  4. Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop

Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop: Within the last week my desktop changed. I lost all links I had posted and lost the taskbar. What appeared is the display one used to get when clicking the WINDOWS icon, bottom left. New computer, Windows 10 32 bit. How do I remove the current dislay on desktop & restore...
  5. Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone

Windows 10 Taskbar/Start/Desktop Icons Gone: Hello, after update i don't have icons anymore, they white. I tried with other user same pc, no icons as well. I tried uninstall/install applications - no icons. I tried this steps didn't help:...
  6. Taskbar Icons gone

Taskbar Icons gone: aLL OF A SUDDEN SOME OF MY tASKBAR iONS ARE NOW GREYED OUT/SAME COLOR AS THE TASKBAR ITSELF. i TRIED CHANGING THE COLOR BUT NO JOY! wHY IS THIS HAPPENING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-gone/250e7e32-28c7-4856-b36b-8209c902d12d
  7. taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons: My taskbar is missing and my icons on the desktop are missing as well the background is dark kindly help*Shock 24989
  8. Desktop is black with no icons, Taskbar icons missing +more...

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop is black with no icons, Taskbar icons missing +more...: Hi, My computer's desktop is blank (black) with no desktop icons. [img] My task bar icons are missing. My windows button doesn't open. I can not access settings (even using CTRL R -> ms-settings: OR right-clicking task-bar. It "times out"). There is "no...
  9. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...
  10. Windows 10 icon gone missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 icon gone missing: Im really hyped for Windows 10 then suddenly the icon was not there anymore. Got it reserved and even clicked the "notify me when ready". I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you in advance tenforums people *Biggrin 9764