Windows 10: Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in

Discus and support Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a windows update last night I go to login and everything is fine. Then after logging in, the desktop screen and taskbar keeps refreshing every 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/weedkillss, May 17, 2020.

1. Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in

After a windows update last night I go to login and everything is fine. Then after logging in, the desktop screen and taskbar keeps refreshing every 5 seconds.

I was able to get into task manager quick enough and it is not effected by the refreshing. It appears that windows explorer is using a significant percentage of my CPU.

I tried a fix I saw on YouTube where I disabled Microsoft error reporting and that stops the refreshing but prompts an explorer.exe pop up that cannot be closed out. So.. this is not a permanent solution. If anybody has some information or can help with the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/weedkillss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/weedkillss, May 17, 2020

2. taskbar and desktop keep on refreshing

my taskbar and desktop keep refreshing every few minutes and i can't seem to be able to stop it.

i have tried the sfc/scannow command in cmd as an admin and the other one that i cant't remember the name of.

jarrad-schneider, May 17, 2020
  3. Merry Win User
    Taskbar keeps refreshing

Hello,
    I know that there are dozens of threads with replies and solutions but I cannot find my case. I apologise if I have missed it but I doubt it, I have been looking for over a month.

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Windows 10 six weeks ago, and the taskbar keeps flashing as if refreshing every 15 minutes. Not the desktop, only the taskbar.

Again, this is not an upgrade but a brand new laptop, and it never had IDT Audio drivers installed. I would appreciate any help that does not include the solutions given in these topics, which have not helped:

Thank you!

Merry, May 17, 2020
  4. Moge-ko13 Win User

Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in

My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.

Whenever I download an image such as a png or jpeg my desktop, taskbar, and open folders refreshes and it is quite annoying. Some help would be very appreciated.

Moge-ko13, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in

1. Desktop/Taskbar keeps refreshing after logging in - Similar Threads - Desktop Taskbar keeps

2. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  3. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  4. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  6. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen: [ATTACH]If, after a Windows Update or a Driver update, your Desktop and Taskbar keep refreshing with a black screen, then its a typical driver issue […] This article Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.: Whenever I download an image such as a png or jpeg my desktop, taskbar, and open folders refreshes and it is quite annoying. Some help would be very appreciated....
  8. Desktop keeps refreshing and taskbar is not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop keeps refreshing and taskbar is not loading: My desktop keeps refreshing after the computer boots up. The icons on the task bar do not appear as well. I have tried a clean boot and starting in safe mode but that does not help. Can someone please assist?...
  9. Taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar keeps refreshing: Hello, I know that there are dozens of threads with replies and solutions but I cannot find my case. I apologise if I have missed it but I doubt it, I have been looking for over a month. I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Windows 10 six weeks ago, and the taskbar...
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757