Windows 10: Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

Discus and support Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. I reset the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaDixion, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar.

I reset the computer yesterday, and it seemed to work fine. Today, it doesn't even want to load the desktop on startup.

Run SFC and it came back fine.

Run DISM as well

Still not resolved the problem

I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this. I can't open any of the usual if it's not letting me open: task manager, run, ctrlAltDel, windows power user shortcuts, etc

:)

JoshuaDixion, Jan 22, 2019

2. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working.

boberickson1, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

1. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working - Similar Threads - Desktop taskbar loading

2. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  3. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  4. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop and taskbar not loading

Desktop and taskbar not loading: When I booted my pc up this morning, I logged in and my desktop would not load my apps, and my taskbar wouldn't either. My taskbar also gives me a spinning cursor whenever I hover over it and I cannot navigate to or open any apps to fix this....
  6. Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar: I have regularly pinned desktop shortcut icons to my taskbar simply by dragging them there. Currently I have one otherwise ordinary desktop icon which refuses to even offer me the option of being pinned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?...
  7. The desktop / taskbar does not load, Windows shortcuts do not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The desktop / taskbar does not load, Windows shortcuts do not work: One of the computers in my office has been playing. I was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the taskbar. After starting in safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then it could not launch anything in the following hours. Yesterday I restarted the...
  8. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. After booting into safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then failed to launch anything in the next few hours. I reset the computer...
  9. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working: Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-taskbar-shortcuts-not-working/0a60d373-afe7-4835-86b4-b97a67c39fd8
  10. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar shortcut desktop not working