Windows 10: Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

Discus and support Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Morfologus2222, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar blink (like it got unselected for a split second). I did 2 reinstall since it started and it keeps returning.

submitted by /u/Morfologus2222
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Morfologus2222, Dec 26, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 26, 2020
  3. ChadBonk Win User
    Taskbar Refreshing

I've been having a weird issue. Randomly, my taskbar will refresh. Not the icons on the desktop, just the taskbar. Usually when I'm accessing harddrives. None in particular tho. I've updated the graphics cards, so I've ruled out that idea. The computer is a custom build, so no bloatware installed. From what I gather, this just began about two months ago, and I have done a clean install since then. I've checked the reliability history and don't seen anything that would cause concern as far as explorer crashing. Kinda clueless on this one. Any suggestions?

ChadBonk, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Merry Win User

Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

Taskbar keeps refreshing

Hello,
    I know that there are dozens of threads with replies and solutions but I cannot find my case. I apologise if I have missed it but I doubt it, I have been looking for over a month.

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with Windows 10 six weeks ago, and the taskbar keeps flashing as if refreshing every 15 minutes. Not the desktop, only the taskbar.

Again, this is not an upgrade but a brand new laptop, and it never had IDT Audio drivers installed. I would appreciate any help that does not include the solutions given in these topics, which have not helped:

Thank you!

Merry, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

1. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes - Similar Threads - Desktop taskbar randomly

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  4. Taskbar Randomly Refreshed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Randomly Refreshed: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!So recently, the taskbar of my PC refreshed, I did nothing and I didn't have any resource intensive apps open.Is there any reason why this happened?HP Sent me this PC after their repaired it at one of their shops.I've scanned my PC with...
  5. Taskbar Randomly Refreshed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Randomly Refreshed: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!So recently, the taskbar of my PC refreshed, I did nothing and I didn't have any resource intensive apps open.Is there any reason why this happened?HP Sent me this PC after their repaired it at one of their shops.I've scanned my PC with...
  6. Taskbar Randomly Refreshed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  8. Taskbar refreshes randomly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar refreshes randomly?: it doesn't happen every 2 minutes, but it's really noticeable and distracting. i've tried doing the restore files thing and that didn't work, and my graphics driver is already updated. i think what could have caused the refreshing was updating it, since i started noticing it...
  9. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757
  10. Taskbar & desktop randomly refreshes after upgrading to ten

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & desktop randomly refreshes after upgrading to ten: Hi, I recently upgraded both my laptop and desktop to win 10 and I am having exactly the same issue on both. Every so often the desktop and teaskbar will refresh. It doesn't seem to be associated with having anything open, it happens randomly anytime whatever I'm doing....