Windows 10: Desktop Taskbar Refresh

Discus and support Desktop Taskbar Refresh in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MountainMan, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation

:)

MountainMan, Jun 28, 2016
  2. DanNash1 Win User

Jan 16 2018 Windows update installed - now my desktop and taskbar continuously refresh

My HP Elitebook 2760p updated yesterday (1/16/2017) and now it continually refreshes it's desktop and taskbar. I get a moment to attempt to launch an application then I loose it and the desktop/taskbar refresh. This is not a new install as I have been
    using Windows 10 for over a year on this laptop.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop)

DanNash1, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Desktop and Taskbar issue

Hi

I'm using windows 10 pro version 1703 on surface pro 4 a, after the latest update I saw a refreshing bug in taskbar and my desktop icons. witch means taskbar and desktop icons keep blinking (like the time when you refresh your desktop)every x minutes.

what is the cause or how I can end this annoying bug?

thank you.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MohammadGhavidast, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Desktop Taskbar Refresh

Look at what is starting when you boot Win 10, probably something there is causing it.

Alternative is to try a Clean Boot to see if the problem is there or not. If not then follow the directions to isolate the problem.

Clean boot Windows 10

Ztruker, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Taskbar Refresh

1. Desktop Taskbar Refresh - Similar Threads - Desktop Taskbar Refresh

2. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  3. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  4. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  5. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  6. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

7. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  8. Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop & taskbar randomly refreshes: Started to notice it around a year ago. Randomly my desktop keep refreshing itself and while im browsing sometimes i can see Chrome icon on my taskbar blink (like it got unselected for a split second). I did 2 reinstall since it started and it keeps returning. submitted by...
  9. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  10. My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.

My desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing.: Whenever I download an image such as a png or jpeg my desktop, taskbar, and open folders refreshes and it is quite annoying. Some help would be very appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taskbar keep refreshing