Windows 10: Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this?

Discus and support Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CommanderZanderTGS [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CommanderZanderTGS, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this?

/u/CommanderZanderTGS, Sep 22, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Dgo47 Win User

Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this?

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this?

1. Desktop text is black and thumbnails of files won't load. Any way to fix this? - Similar Threads - Desktop text black

2. Is there any way to fix how thumbnails are displayed on folders in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix how thumbnails are displayed on folders in Windows 11?: After upgrading to Windows 11 completely up to date afaik I noticed how thumbnails are displayed on folders. Frankly, it's terrible.I'm looking for any way to make it so that the thumbnail takes up most of the folder icon or even displays it how it did in Windows 10 with the...
  3. Is there any way to fix how thumbnails are displayed on folders in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix how thumbnails are displayed on folders in Windows 11?: After upgrading to Windows 11 completely up to date afaik I noticed how thumbnails are displayed on folders. Frankly, it's terrible.I'm looking for any way to make it so that the thumbnail takes up most of the folder icon or even displays it how it did in Windows 10 with the...
  4. How to fix thumbnail preview for .dng files not loading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix thumbnail preview for .dng files not loading?: system info - OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 I have a lot of .dng and .arw files. When I open my folders the thumbnails will not load automatically. The only way I see a thumbnail is if I open the file in the photos app and close it. It will...
  5. How to fix thumbnail preview for .dng files not loading?

How to fix thumbnail preview for .dng files not loading?: system info - OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 I have a lot of .dng and .arw files. When I open my folders the thumbnails will not load automatically. The only way I see a thumbnail is if I open the file in the photos app and close it. It will...
  6. Is there any way to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix this?: One day I was starting my laptop and this appeared! I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps but nothing works! My PC manufacturer, "ASUS" said the Windows is corrupted and they'll be needing to reset it completely to brand new! Is there any way to fix this without doing...
  7. Thumbnails won't load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails won't load: I've searched far and wide for solutions, but none work. So far I've reset my icon cache, reset my thumbnail cache, checked every box pertaining icons or thumbnails, and I've reset folders to default, NO CHANGE. I've also tried using icaros, but it instantly crashes when i...
  8. Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Won't Load, Can't Find a Fix: TL;DR: I used a usb to boot into Tails OS and now windows freezes whenever i log into my pc. I ran tails os my computer with a usb stick and now i cant use my computer regulary. I turnt off safe boot on my pc's bios menu in order to boot into Tails and it booted up just...
  9. windows 10 thumbnails won't load

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 thumbnails won't load: - UNCHECKED always load icons not thumbnails doesn't work - deleting Thumbnails data base doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-thumbnails-wont-load/80af5b58-0cc1-4fae-9b54-2daa040996c1
  10. Word 2003 won't work.. any way to fix it?

Word 2003 won't work.. any way to fix it?: Since installing Win10 I can't get 2003 Office Word to work. It won't make links for email and web addresses, the wrong toolbars come up again and again, and it generally doesn't work. Any way to fix this? I have tried with two different 2003 Office programmes,...