Windows 10: Desktop that thinks it is a laptop!

Discus and support Desktop that thinks it is a laptop! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft/Windows has changed My desktop into acting as a laptop with a battery. How can I change it back to normal? When it changed all of my back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WReagan, Sep 10, 2020.

1. WReagan Win User

Desktop that thinks it is a laptop!

Microsoft/Windows has changed My desktop into acting as a laptop with a battery. How can I change it back to normal? When it changed all of my back up points disappeared. Thanks for helping!

:)

WReagan, Sep 10, 2020
  2. jdz7t8 Win User

Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Sep 10, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Desktop that thinks it is a laptop! - Similar Threads - Desktop thinks laptop

2. HP desktop thinks its an Acer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP desktop thinks its an Acer.: Hello, a few days ago I had to download an alternate version of Windows from my Acer laptop to fix my HP desktop, but now it thinks it is an Acer, and I cannot use Windows Security. Is there any way to revert my desktop back to an original HP device?I've already tried to...
  3. HP desktop thinks its an Acer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP desktop thinks its an Acer.: Hello, a few days ago I had to download an alternate version of Windows from my Acer laptop to fix my HP desktop, but now it thinks it is an Acer, and I cannot use Windows Security. Is there any way to revert my desktop back to an original HP device?I've already tried to...
  4. Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop: HiRecently I had a problem with windows 10 on my 2 in 1 laptopI always use the laptop as a tablet. I rotate the screen and use the laptop flat. The screen autorotates and the hidden keyboard opens when typing. All goodSomehow windows now thinks my laptop is a desktop and...
  5. Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop: HiRecently I had a problem with windows 10 on my 2 in 1 laptopI always use the laptop as a tablet. I rotate the screen and use the laptop flat. The screen autorotates and the hidden keyboard opens when typing. All goodSomehow windows now thinks my laptop is a desktop and...
  6. Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop: Hi,Windows 11 is convinced that my desktop computer is a laptop, and that it isn't plugged in. This prevents me from turning on HDR and other important performance features. How do I change things so it understands that it is a desktop and is always plugged in? Please let me...
  7. Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop: Hi,Windows 11 is convinced that my desktop computer is a laptop, and that it isn't plugged in. This prevents me from turning on HDR and other important performance features. How do I change things so it understands that it is a desktop and is always plugged in? Please let me...
  8. My desktop computer thinks it is a laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop computer thinks it is a laptop.: I recently built a gaming computer and took an m.2 ssd from my broken gaming laptop and put it into the gaming computer for extra storage. When I turned on my gaming computer for the first time I had the same background and games installed from my broken laptop. But then I...
  9. Desktop thinks it's a laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop thinks it's a laptop: After a recent windows update, my desktop computer will not go to sleep. When I click on Power and Sleep settings it shows settings for a laptop. I do I resolve this?...
  10. My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop: When going to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" my computer registers as a Notebook, even though it's clearly not. What gives? [ATTACH]...