Windows 10: desktop themes syncing

Discus and support desktop themes syncing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Cliff S New Member

desktop themes syncing

*Thumbs

I learned in the very beginning of Win10, to turn off theme syncing,
    as my VM's, laptop and main desktop would have different themes depending on when the system was last booted,
    and the last time they sync'd.,
    The syncing was causing corruptions in current theme used.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Plankton Win User

Some time in the distant past I had a desktop theme (background) that has apparently been set to sync. Now, with my new RAID 0 setup and clean install.....I keep getting this theme/background picture popping up.Then I go through the process of turning the sync feature off in windows 10 then going through the user/appdata folder to remove the file from my system. All good.

I keeps coming back...same wallpaper. Where is it coming from? How do I stop this permanently from happening again.

:)

Plankton, Apr 20, 2018
  3. Where does Windows 10 find the "desktopbackgrounds" album for new devices?

The Themes setting seems to be set to "Synced Theme," which includes those wallpapers I noticed. Which is kind of odd, because if I go to themes on my desktop to the "Synced Theme" there, it doesn't have all those desktop wallpapers, which leads to the
    question of where exactly it's synced FROM.

Robotech_Master, Apr 20, 2018
  4. CRealUSA Win User

desktop themes syncing

Desktop Wallpaper keeps reverting to an old image every time I restart

Here is how to fix your wallpaper changing back or changing.

1. Right click on the desktop and choose Personalize.

2. Click on Themes and then Theme Settings.

3. Look under my themes and see if the selected theme is the "Synced Theme"

4. If it is that is your problem. If it isn't change the desktop picture and save a new theme name.

If you want to change the auto backup of your theme, then go to Settings, Accounts, Sync your settings, and then turn the toggle for theme to off.

This should fix it.

CRealUSA, Apr 20, 2018
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Apr 20, 2018
  6. Plankton Win User
    Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said picture for theme. So I copied everything to a backup drive. then deleted every thing in one drive.

As I did that something caught my eye on the left hand pane....a tab/toggle that said "PC's". I clicked on that and OMG.....there were 7 synced PC's listed. All from past laptops (2) and 2 desktops that had windows 7 and been upgraded to 8/8.1

So I removed all of those....then got to thinking....some of those had a different MS accounts. Then signed into each one of those accounts and found they also had a few synced PC's. So I removed all those. Now, hopefully that will fix it.

Plankton, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

desktop themes syncing

1. desktop themes syncing - Similar Threads - desktop themes syncing

2. How to sync Theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sync Theme?: Hello,Im trying to sync the theme to my 3 - 4 laptops One will be done soon and my "Sync your settings" say theme is synced but its not synced on my 2 computers? Is there another way?Many ThanksSummer...
  3. How to sync Theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sync Theme?: Hello,Im trying to sync the theme to my 3 - 4 laptops One will be done soon and my "Sync your settings" say theme is synced but its not synced on my 2 computers? Is there another way?Many ThanksSummer...
  4. How to sync Theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop Themes

Desktop Themes: So I got a desktop thru SNAP Benefits and PCs for People. It is a great program and has helped myself and many others get a decent home computer for a discounted price. I am greatly appreciative of this I want to say but.....Why am I not able to change my theme or backround??...
  6. Syncing themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  7. Theme keeps syncing

Theme keeps syncing: Hi guys! There's a problem with my Microsoft account and that's because the theme keeps syncing even though I told it not to sync. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-keeps-syncing/d51a30fb-7178-479c-aa14-18ea45fa7d1f
  8. "Synced Theme" question

"Synced Theme" question: After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed it incase there was...
  9. Synced Theme

Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...
  10. Themes not syncing backgrounds

Themes not syncing backgrounds: Hi, I have a theme on my desktop PC which obtains its backgrounds from a folder in My Documents. There are about 300 in there. I have no issues with the theme using all the backgrounds available. Until, that is, I switch on the sync theme option. Then the theme which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1803 desktop background sync problem