Windows 10: desktop tiles and apps

Discus and support desktop tiles and apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you move tiles and apps back to the left corner from the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mick and GayleBanyard, Feb 17, 2020.

1. desktop tiles and apps

How do you move tiles and apps back to the left corner from the desktop

:)

Mick and GayleBanyard, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. desktop tiles and apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 17, 2020
  3. How to add tiles to Life at a Glance?

Hi

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you pin the app tile and Life at a glance on the Start screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Type program in the search bar from the Desktop.
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to Start.
    • Again, type life at a glance in the search bar from the Desktop.
    • Right click on the Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 17, 2020
  4. desktop tiles and apps

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

desktop tiles and apps

1. desktop tiles and apps - Similar Threads - desktop tiles apps

2. PhotosSet as-App tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PhotosSet as-App tile: “Photos”Set as-App tileUIPowerShellGet-appxpackage -all shellexperience -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + "\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml"}Windows10...
  3. Desktop tiles

Desktop tiles: I uninstalled my mail tile by mistake. I tried to go to ms store bt I keep receiving "Try that again Page could not be loaded"This happened prior to 20H2 update. I was under the impression all would restore after update. But it did not. Suggestions?...
  4. Tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on desktop: Most of the tiles changed to only show the icon and title. They are not framed and colored like before, Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-on-desktop/f298e17e-c8f4-4eed-98ff-09a56e90712c
  5. Desktop / Live tiles

Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  6. desktop tiles won't launch, no type on tiles on desktop, won't print-

desktop tiles won't launch, no type on tiles on desktop, won't print-: when my laptop launches, it always runs a "disc check" it has never done this before. Also there are no names printed under my desktop tiles, when I try to launch a tile all I get is a blank box with no wording. My canon pixma printer also quit printing, documents will show...
  7. Apps and tiles

Apps and tiles: How do I turn off ALL tiles and apps that are not essential? I am not very computer savvy, I just don't want all this garbage I do not want or need running. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-tiles/637221ea-b329-4418-b82b-43183cf9546a
  8. Desktop Tile

Desktop Tile: Hello people, *Smile So, I'll be short here. I have Windows 10 installed but the Desktop Tile on Start Menu/Screen is not there, nor there are any options to pin it. Is there any possible way to pin it. Thank you for reading. 20469
  9. Live Tiles on desktop without opening the App--Possible or not

in Windows 10 Support
    Live Tiles on desktop without opening the App--Possible or not: Hi there Is it possible to simply have a Live Tile on the desktop without opening the entire app. I'd rather like to have say the DOW / FTSE indices updating on the desktop simply in a Tile --rather like the old W7 Gadgets. Cheers jimbo 8584
  10. no desktop tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    no desktop tiles: I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the familiar 8 icon. I have tried for days to find a solution online, with zero success. Any help will be appreciated 34578