Windows 10: Desktop time/date not updating after reboot

Discus and support Desktop time/date not updating after reboot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey!So, as title says, my PC doesnt update time/date after I reboot it, and it just displays the time it was when I last used it. Ive asked everywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Víctor_, May 27, 2022.

1. Víctor_ Win User

Desktop time/date not updating after reboot

Hey!So, as title says, my PC doesnt update time/date after I reboot it, and it just displays the time it was when I last used it. Ive asked everywhere and tried everything I could to fix it, but no luck, and its really annoying. I thought it could be the CMOS battery, so I changed it for a new one and hard resetted my motherboard but no luck. One thing I found is I dont have "Windows Time service" on the services list idk if this might be the issue. Anyways, ive also tried every W32 command on cmd without any luck. Windows time seems correct set to auto. BIOS time outdates itself everytime

:)

Víctor_, May 27, 2022

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 27, 2022
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 27, 2022
  4. Desktop time/date not updating after reboot

Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Desktop time/date not updating after reboot

1. Desktop time/date not updating after reboot - Similar Threads - Desktop date updating

2. Desktop time/date not updating after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop time/date not updating after reboot: Hey!So, as title says, my PC doesnt update time/date after I reboot it, and it just displays the time it was when I last used it. Ive asked everywhere and tried everything I could to fix it, but no luck, and its really annoying. I thought it could be the CMOS battery, so I...
  3. Desktop time/date not updating after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop time/date not updating after reboot: Hey!So, as title says, my PC doesnt update time/date after I reboot it, and it just displays the time it was when I last used it. Ive asked everywhere and tried everything I could to fix it, but no luck, and its really annoying. I thought it could be the CMOS battery, so I...
  4. Date and Time not updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time not updating: I have been trying to get my computer to sync to the correct time (EST). It still wants to be an hour behind. However, when I go into the settings and also have EST as "clock 2", it shows the correct time for "Clock 2". Why is it correct on the second clock, but not the main...
  5. date and time updating

in Windows 10 Customization
    date and time updating: Each time I start my windows 10 on my laptop Date and time does not update automatically. is this a hardware problem or it can manipulate in the setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-updating/38a629f0-0792-463d-843c-8d3548a7f8be
  6. no time/date on notification taskbar after update

no time/date on notification taskbar after update: [ATTACH] I have had this Laptop for a year and a half now and all of a sudden there is no notification area, time, or date on my taskbar. I have tried the command prompt (admin) code, re-starting after turning all relevant apps and icons off then back on...to no avail. Any...
  7. Auto update of time and date

Auto update of time and date: Auto update of time and date has stopped working on my computer. This occurs after a cold boot. I need to keep adjusting it manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-of-time-and-date/ed8bda10-6f14-44cc-9d1f-55af22ffadea
  8. Auto update of time and date

Auto update of time and date: Auto update of time and date function is not working correctly on my computer from cold boots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-of-time-and-date/849aa002-a145-4562-836c-dd0cf3f1ea53
  9. Displaying the time and date on my desktop taskbar

Displaying the time and date on my desktop taskbar: I used to be able to see the time and date on the taskbar at the bottom of my desktop but today it is not there. How can I reset this to display please? It shows volume, etc. but no date and time....
  10. Desktop after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop after reboot: I keep several apps open on my desktop. Also have them in the Startup folder so they will run each time windows starts. Whenever win-10 restarts they do run but are scattered all over the desktop and are different size than before the reboot. In both XP and win-7 they...