Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

Discus and support Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015.

1. baumgrenze Win User

As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user controlled tool that sets a "this is home unless I say otherwise?"

Map and shopping websites seem to have adopted a "let's take a guess" based on any IP it's found in the internet routing.

The archaic approach of asking the user and then setting a cookie seem a lost art.

Any thoughts?

thanks

:)

baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Steven Nicolaou Win User

How-to change default voicemail number ?

Yes but that just overrides the default number, not change it. If you turn "use default" back on it reverts to the previous one. He is asking how to change the default, not override it.

Steven Nicolaou, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Jayce Cecil Win User
    My computer is oddly loud..

I am using a desktop and since you mentioned tower im going to guess the advice you gave me was for desktop to, lol. Anyways i will be sure to follow your advice. As soon as i can find a screwdriver to take the side of the tower off. Thanks for your reply!

Jayce Cecil, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" - Similar Threads - Desktop Tower Feature

1. Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.: My screen now contains 18 icons . I which to reduce them back to the normal orderly previous layout. While I can access display I cannot alter their size - There is about 50 icons stacked into 18 locations by the computer. I noticed it had occurred after an update. I also...
  2. Have a Lenovo 50/50 desktop and am receiving no sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Have a Lenovo 50/50 desktop and am receiving no sound: Hi, Hopefully posted this on the correct thread, can't see any reference to my problem on others. Have a Lenovo 50/50 desktop and am receiving no sound. Nothing been touched it was first noticed on start up. Have updated card drivers and checked connections to no avail....
  3. Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Developer ports macOS Mojave Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10: At WWDC conference earlier this month, Apple announced that the next version of its desktop operating system codenamed Mojave, which comes with a new dynamic desktop feature. Windows 10 already has advanced settings for desktop background, and it appears that you can easily...
  4. Virtual Desktop running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Desktop running in the background?: I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For instance I want a game to be running in fullscreen and a macro controlling the character on one desktop, while I do other...
  5. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  6. How do I have a Virtual Desktop running in the background?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I have a Virtual Desktop running in the background?: I know how to create virtual desktops and all in Windows 10, but is there any way to have them running in the background while I do other things? For instance I want a game to be running in fullscreen and a macro controlling the character on one desktop, while I do other...
  7. I got 4 Desktop towers and a Cisco Switch I want to connect together.

in Windows 10 Support
    I got 4 Desktop towers and a Cisco Switch I want to connect together.: So yeah, my part of the job today was to set up 4 towers, but now that that's done, I'm trying to get them all connected together to allow for instant, offline file transfer, and it would appear I have a Cisco Model ASA5500 series "Switch" (I've been told as is,) with 4 link...
Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" solved