Windows 10: Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

Discus and support Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user controlled tool that sets a "this is home unless I say otherwise?"

Map and shopping websites seem to have adopted a "let's take a guess" based on any IP it's found in the internet routing.

The archaic approach of asking the user and then setting a cookie seem a lost art.

Any thoughts?

thanks

:)

baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015

2. How-to change default voicemail number ?

Yes but that just overrides the default number, not change it. If you turn "use default" back on it reverts to the previous one. He is asking how to change the default, not override it.

Steven Nicolaou, Jul 19, 2015
  3. My computer is oddly loud..

I am using a desktop and since you mentioned tower im going to guess the advice you gave me was for desktop to, lol. Anyways i will be sure to follow your advice. As soon as i can find a screwdriver to take the side of the tower off. Thanks for your reply!

Jayce Cecil, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

1. Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" - Similar Threads - Desktop Tower Feature

2. Where is "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is "Desktop"?: 1. I like a nice clean desktop, with no icons, no shortcuts, no files are kept on it for more than two minutes, as I hope can be seen from the background.2. When I click on the desktop icon on the left-hand pane of File Explorer... this folder is empty. When I look in the...
  3. Where is "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is "Desktop"?: 1. I like a nice clean desktop, with no icons, no shortcuts, no files are kept on it for more than two minutes, as I hope can be seen from the background.2. When I click on the desktop icon on the left-hand pane of File Explorer... this folder is empty. When I look in the...
  4. DPC_Watchdog Violation for Legion T5 Desktop Tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog Violation for Legion T5 Desktop Tower: Hello, I bring up this issue over here cause I and many other on Lenovo's support forum have been going about trying to figure out what is cause problems for our specific desktop tower. It's honestly just maddening how this is still going on. Link to that forum here:...
  5. DPC_Watchdog Violation for Legion T5 Desktop Tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_Watchdog Violation for Legion T5 Desktop Tower: Hello, I bring up this issue over here cause I and many other on Lenovo's support forum have been going about trying to figure out what is cause problems for our specific desktop tower. It's honestly just maddening how this is still going on. Link to that forum here:...
  6. DPC_Watchdog Violation for Legion T5 Desktop Tower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Door-Tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  8. Oh you wanted something to erase, let he help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Oh you wanted something to erase, let he help: I hope you senior management dies of a protracted illness of horror, maybe dementia in diapers hoping not to aspirate your last sustenance, How's that you ****?...
  9. Tower desktop or Server ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tower desktop or Server ???: Hi folks One of my older NAS servers is giving up the Ghost so I need another computer to replace. I'm not a gamer and as above stated I'm in the market for another computer -- seems by getting a decent Tower Server I can get a much better deal - especially as I can...
  10. Desktop Tower DIY Question?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Tower DIY Question?: I know this might be a odd question but is it possible to place a DIY skin on a desktop Tower. I have (2) rolls of auto wrap which is a pretty red/pink color. I was wondering if it was possible to place the wrap on my desktop tower and my laptop so they both match. I want...