Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

Discus and support Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015.

1. baumgrenze Win User

As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user controlled tool that sets a "this is home unless I say otherwise?"

Map and shopping websites seem to have adopted a "let's take a guess" based on any IP it's found in the internet routing.

The archaic approach of asking the user and then setting a cookie seem a lost art.

Any thoughts?

thanks

:)

baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Steven Nicolaou Win User

How-to change default voicemail number ?

Yes but that just overrides the default number, not change it. If you turn "use default" back on it reverts to the previous one. He is asking how to change the default, not override it.

Steven Nicolaou, Jul 19, 2015
  3. Jayce Cecil Win User
    My computer is oddly loud..

I am using a desktop and since you mentioned tower im going to guess the advice you gave me was for desktop to, lol. Anyways i will be sure to follow your advice. As soon as i can find a screwdriver to take the side of the tower off. Thanks for your reply!

Jayce Cecil, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" - Similar Threads - Desktop Tower Feature

2. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...
  3. New Shopping Cart feature available in Xbox Store to Xbox One Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    New Shopping Cart feature available in Xbox Store to Xbox One Insiders: [ATTACH] Beginning today Preview Alpha – Skip Ahead, Preview Alpha, and Preview Beta can begin using the new Shopping Cart feature in the Xbox Store! FEATURE DETAILS: You’ll now see a Cart icon in the Store which will navigate to the Shopping Cart. All game and app...
  4. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609
  5. Where to check a system supported frequency of a R.A.M. ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to check a system supported frequency of a R.A.M. ?: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/where-to-check-a-system-supported-frequency-of-a/944ed807-c2b3-4695-8cbc-73a814041f59
  6. Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading: Most of the websites are full of images and scripts which can be a huge bottleneck for performance. Google is aware of the performance issues and the company is working on a new feature called image lazy-loading to speed up the webpages page loading. The latest Canary build...
  7. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  8. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  9. Windows Updates cause desktop to get "stuck" Please Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates cause desktop to get "stuck" Please Help: I apologize for the long post... just want to thoroughly explain my problem. So after some recent problems I figured i would just reinstall windows directly to 1803 edition. I used the official windows USB that i bought a while to format my hard drive and reinstall. It...
  10. No desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No desktop: Out of no where. I have no desktop, I just get the taskbar and i have to search for all the programs. I don't know what to do and I cant find anything online. If I click and drag nothing happens like it normally does. 115934