Windows 10: Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

Discus and support Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

As MS attempts ti integrate all devices under one OS is it too late to provide us Luddites who still routinely us a 'desktop tower device' with a user controlled tool that sets a "this is home unless I say otherwise?"

Map and shopping websites seem to have adopted a "let's take a guess" based on any IP it's found in the internet routing.

The archaic approach of asking the user and then setting a cookie seem a lost art.

Any thoughts?

thanks

:)

baumgrenze, Jul 19, 2015

2. How-to change default voicemail number ?

Yes but that just overrides the default number, not change it. If you turn "use default" back on it reverts to the previous one. He is asking how to change the default, not override it.

Steven Nicolaou, Jul 19, 2015
  3. My computer is oddly loud..

I am using a desktop and since you mentioned tower im going to guess the advice you gave me was for desktop to, lol. Anyways i will be sure to follow your advice. As soon as i can find a screwdriver to take the side of the tower off. Thanks for your reply!

Jayce Cecil, Jul 19, 2015
Thema:

Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?"

1. Desktop Tower Feature That Overrides "Let's Guess Where He Is?" - Similar Threads - Desktop Tower Feature

2. Japanese IME kanji guessing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME kanji guessing: Whenever I use the Microsoft Japanese IME keyboard, it has a little text window where it offers suggestions for what kanji to use. I'd like to turn it off, because I need to study the words in hiragana. Any advice would be great....
  3. Where's my desktop?

Where's my desktop?: Today's date is 8/25/2018. I just took a 1-hour nap. When I returned to work on this computer, everything on my display had been changed. All my icons were gone. I asked my wife about it; she hadn't been near my computer. The whole environment is now alien; explorer windows...
  4. new tower with virtualization

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    new tower with virtualization: I would like to know what the specs say so I can install either Virtual box or free VMware on a new tower. I see Intel VT-x, Virtualization technology, Intel V-Pro tech- what words should I look for so (I do not just build windows hyper-v but) actually can build Virtual box...
  5. Where is my default Desktop?

Where is my default Desktop?: Hello everyone, what is **** for Windows 10? I feel disappointed because Windows 10 fakes my expensive work time. Why do I should do with Windows 10? No Thanks. I WANT GET BACK MY ORIGINAL DESKTOP. It looks like Desktop background is 3 sphere next light plane and 3...
  6. Where Desktop BG Location ?

Where Desktop BG Location ?: I Want Remove Pictures in Red Circle Because I Accident Click "Set As Desktop BG" But I Can't Find Location I Always Use Slideshow 70548
  7. Screen Brightness Override

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Brightness Override: Hi, I have been having an issue recently with newer games. The games I play now are starting to override my gpu screen brightness settings and reverting them back to original brightness. Basically I have my screen brightness set lower than normal through my gpu control...
  8. Where is "Show on Desktop"

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is "Show on Desktop": In W7 and the early versions of W10 you could right click on "My Computer", "Network" and "{your} Files" possibly other and select "Show on Desktop", in W7 this could also be done from the Start Menu. This would enable you to have the actual folder/library available instead...
  9. Where is my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is my Desktop?: Where is my desktop? I have a Microsoft-forced-on-me desktop that has a bunch of absolutely useless square icons. I want a desktop with my icons on it. The suggestions, so far, have been useless also. Nothing happens when I right click on the desktop. Ditto swiping in from...
  10. Where's my beautiful desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where's my beautiful desktop?: Hi, hoping you can help *Smile My desktop is now just apps. I can't see my usual desktop with the files etc, is there a way to fix this? THANKS (I have a pic of what it looks like but I'm not sure how to post it.) 65923