Windows 10: desktop turn on by itself

Discus and support desktop turn on by itself in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why is my pc turn on by itself? please help!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tanhuynh1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. tanhuynh1 Win User

desktop turn on by itself

why is my pc turn on by itself? please help!!!

:)

tanhuynh1, Jan 29, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Windows 10 creates desktop shortcuts automatically - How I do turn this OFF?

Hi,

We will try our best to resolve the issues I would suggest you to kindly follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Type “show or hide common icons on the desktop“
      and select from the list.

• On the Desktop icons setting uncheck all the options you don’t to appear on the desktop.

• Click apply and Ok.

I hope the information is helpful and get back to us with the result, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 29, 2019
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 29, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. desktop turn on by itself - Similar Threads - desktop turn itself

2. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker turned itself on: We have a Dell laptop in which a tech tried to install a USB to VGA dongle. In the process, the computer restarted and went into recovery mode. When we finally got out of recovery, the OS apparently turned Bitlocker on its own so we don't have a 48-character key to unlock it....
  3. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  4. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  5. Sound turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound turns on by itself: I checked my audio driver and it is up to date. But sometimes when I open my computer the audio is at 10% and I set the audio to muted the last time I used it. Help pls submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Sound turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound turns on by itself: I set my sound to muted and when I opened my computer it was on and at 10%. And my computer made a beeping sound but i don't know if that's related. Help pls submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  7. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  8. computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  9. Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop picture slideshow turns itself off: Daily, I find that the personalisation settings have changed. I boot to a new background but then it stays fixed on the new picture. In the Personalisation settings. 'Slideshow' changes itself to 'Picture'. I set it to use the slideshow when on batteries, but that switch...
  10. Monitor turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on by itself: Ever since I installed Win10 the monitor has been turning on by itself between 3 and 5 am every night, or 3 minutes after login after a reboot if it is off at the time. Except on days immediately after a noticeable win10 patch. It is turned off physically, not by the system....