Windows 10: Desktop turned into solid black color after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

Discus and support Desktop turned into solid black color after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just wanted to see am I the only one because it was a bit scary when I first saw it. This occurred on first normal start of Widows 10 after update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/protorales, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Desktop turned into solid black color after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

Just wanted to see am I the only one because it was a bit scary when I first saw it.

This occurred on first normal start of Widows 10 after update finished.

submitted by /u/protorales
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/protorales, Jun 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 desktop background settings frozen on Solid Colors

Hi,

My Win10 desktop > Personalize > Backround setting does not allow changing to Picture or SlideShow. When I select either one, it reverts to "Solid color" option, and only allows me to select a solid color. I have checked ease of access and the desktop restrictions
    there are not applied, I have also renamed the Transcoded wallpaper file in appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/themes to _old which was suggested as a solution in one post. Have restarted laptop but no effect. I suspect I have hit a key while my laptop was
    docked since I faintly remember the desktop turning black.

What could have changed so that only solid colors are allowed as desktop background theme?

And yes, it's a business laptop with official windows license.

Thanks for any help.

Outi Kalska, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts' Colors

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, provide us the operating system that is installed on your PC?

If you want to change the color of a desktops shortcut font (text), then follow the below steps.

Step 1: Right click on an empty space on the desktop and click on 'Personalize'.

Step 2: It gives you the choice between Picture, Solid, or Slideshow under
    Background, choose 'Solid' under drop-down list.

Step 3: Set the color to Orange and this will make the shortcut icon text Black.

Step 4: After the above steps, you can set your background image as your choice and the icon font will remain black.

NOTE: You can only change the font color to either White or Black.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Desktop turned into solid black color after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper

Mystere is right - but if you already changed the color trying to get back to black ....

Extract the two shortcuts for Control Panel color cmdlets and it's fairly easy to adjust color.
    In the Desktop background cmdlet, select solid color from the drop down list.

cplColor.zip

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Desktop turned into solid black color after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

1. Desktop turned into solid black color after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 - Similar Threads - Desktop turned solid

2. Feature Update To Windows 10, Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update To Windows 10, Version 2004: So there's a update in my device called feature update to windows 10, version 2004 this update is of may 2020. and it is 30 june 2022 today. Its been exactly 2years since this update came out and it is still saying that the windows 10 may 2020 update is on its way. Once its...
  3. Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper changes itself to the Black solid color. [Windows 10]: Sorry for my english Hello! Recently I noticed that my desktop wallpaper changes itself to black marked as Windows 10 solid color Black wallpaper. First I thought it was a problem with my last wallpaper, which I had for months, so I changed it. After a few hours using my...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004: I did this update yesterday and started looking at the goodies I could look forward to. I managed to check out the mouse settings then I had to shut down and go out. How can I get back the the helpful 'run-through', trying out the new setup? I can't find it in History for...
  5. Feature Update To Windows 10, version 2004.

Feature Update To Windows 10, version 2004.: My Windows 10 update status was installing at it was at 20% or something but suddenly it said pending download even if it did download. And then ois started telling Getting Things Ready. So will it dowload the whole thing again?...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 Failed to install - 0xc1900223 solv this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-to-windows-10-version-2004/f8f585f0-b05e-433a-8066-7653caf98e90
  7. Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

Issue after Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004: On 06/12/2020 My Laptop get updated with Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. After the updation I’m finding few issue in my laptop. They are listed as: The up arrow key is not working. Pressing Caps lock key activate hot key. Once Caps lock key pressed 4444...
  8. Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black desktop background after the latest Windows 10 Feature Update (2004): I installed the latest Feature Update, and like many recent posts, I've had a few bugs to contend with. One issue I'd love to resolve is the black desktop background. Usually, I have a folder full of downloaded photos that the desktop cycles through. I'd previously confirmed...
  9. Windows 10 feature update version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 feature update version 2004: I have numerous operational issues on my PC following installation of the abovementioned update on 28th May 2020. Does anyone know when this will get resolved....
  10. Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Monitor Turns A Solid Color: I am using a Windows 10 Professional 64 bit machine with a NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB graphics card driving a LaCie graphics monitor and a Dell monitor. I had my computer shop who I highly trust format the C drive and reinstall Windows due to virus and other...