Windows 10: Desktop turns black with no icons after second screen plugged in, screen flickering,...

Discus and support Desktop turns black with no icons after second screen plugged in, screen flickering,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My problem started about a month ago, and it keeps getting worse. Here are my specs: CPU: Intel i3-8350K 4GHz Ram: 16GB, Ripjaws, GPU: Radeon RX 580... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kayla Flores, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Desktop turns black with no icons after second screen plugged in, screen flickering,...

My problem started about a month ago, and it keeps getting worse. Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel i3-8350K 4GHz

Ram: 16GB, Ripjaws,

GPU: Radeon RX 580 Currently on latest driver

So as the title implies, when I plug in my second screen, my Wacom Cintiq, my main monitor's desktop turns black and the icons vanish. I can use it like normal besides that, it works well. The second screen behaves too, both perform fine. I have to restart my PC completely to get my desktop back, however. And the desktop doesn't always vanish either. The second issue is that sometimes my main display will seemingly turn off completely, even without the second screen plugged in. I could simply be on my browser, or I could be playing a game.

I attempted to contact AMD tech support, thinking it was a GPU issue since it seemed like it, but their solutions were to install and reinstall my drivers, either in safe mode or in a clean boot state. Nothing has seemed to help, and unfortunately, it's not like my problem is constant, but it happens about every day now. I also tried "stress-testing" my GPU to see its performance during heavy gameplay, with high graphics and under full load. The highest temperature it reached was 68C, which is optimal under full load. I'm at a loss here, and the last time my screen flickered it was for a good ten seconds before I could see my screen again, and it looked like it flashed green afterward as well.

What can I do?

:)

Kayla Flores, Feb 10, 2021

2. Flickering and Black screen

i was trying to save an image when randomly my computer when black and all my tabs were invisible. I couldn't see anything on my taskbar or desktop and every 30 seconds to a minute my screen would go black then back to normal in less than a second. I turned
    off the computer and turned it back on and I was taken to the log in screen, when I logged in I was just brought to the same problem. I'm able to open task manager but thats about it and it'll close sometimes when the screen flickers. I have a Windows 10 portable
    all in one computer, I need help.

***Original title: I have no items on my taskbar or desktop and my screen keeps flickering to black every 30 seconds***

ErikGomez1, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Desktop turns black with no icons after second screen plugged in, screen flickering,...

photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Desktop turns black with no icons after second screen plugged in, screen flickering,...

1. Desktop turns black with no icons after second screen plugged in, screen flickering,... - Similar Threads - Desktop turns black

2. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  3. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  4. Screen flickers then turn black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers then turn black: Pc keeps crashing so I went to riliability test and don’t know how to solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickers-then-turn-black/89227057-7767-4001-972f-79986ed16564
  5. Screen flickers then turn black

Screen flickers then turn black: Pc keeps crashing so I went to riliability test and don’t know how to solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickers-then-turn-black/89227057-7767-4001-972f-79986ed16564
  6. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  7. Black/flickering screen

Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  8. Windows 11 screen flickering then turning black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen flickering then turning black: When I open premiere pro and when I play a video my screen starts to flicker then my whole screen turns black, when I pause it, it goes back to normal but my mouse looks glitched and distorted. When I restart my laptop everything seems to be fine, but it only happens when I...
  9. Windows 11 screen flickering then turning black

Windows 11 screen flickering then turning black: When I open premiere pro and when I play a video my screen starts to flicker then my whole screen turns black, when I pause it, it goes back to normal but my mouse looks glitched and distorted. When I restart my laptop everything seems to be fine, but it only happens when I...
  10. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black after 30 seconds: I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the...