Windows 10: desktop turns black

Discus and support desktop turns black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this problem lately where my desktop just turns black a while....I also when this happens unable to move my mouse cursor. But strange thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 7ender, Feb 13, 2021.

1. 7ender Win User

desktop turns black

I have this problem lately where my desktop just turns black a while....I also when this happens unable to move my mouse cursor.
    But strange thing is the windows i have open just show....even when video playing in it, the video keeps playing, i cannot do anything though, because i cannot move my mouse.

It happened last few days like 1 or 2 times a day....but today it shortly did it already like 5 or 6 times.

I recently did the update that MS asks for. Could it be related with the latest update? Any issues known?

Thank you,

:)

7ender, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Feb 13, 2021
  4. desktop turns black

Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

desktop turns black

1. desktop turns black - Similar Threads - desktop turns black

2. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.: hello,I am a system administrator for the company i work for. My boss wanted me to add a specific wallpaper for all the computers in our domain. So I activated and changed all the wallpapers with GPO. At the start everything seems to work fine. After a day or two some users...
  3. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.: hello,I am a system administrator for the company i work for. My boss wanted me to add a specific wallpaper for all the computers in our domain. So I activated and changed all the wallpapers with GPO. At the start everything seems to work fine. After a day or two some users...
  4. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  5. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps: Hi,I've been having trouble with Windows 10 and apps in general. I've had an issue with my desktop turning black occasionally when I highlight applications i.e if I select my whole desktop background will turn black. I've troubleshooted a little bit but haven't found a...
  6. Desktop turning Black when highlighting Desktop apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows desktop turns black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows desktop turns black: Hi, I'm re asking this question because the previous one I posted didn't get a response, my desktop background keeps going black, when I hover over an icon it turns black, or sometimes the whole thing goes black, in the past this has only happened one or two times randomly...
  8. windows desktop background is turning black

windows desktop background is turning black: recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows...
  9. Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons

Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons: When I do a selection (click and drag) the space that I selected turns my desktop background black. When my cursor goes over an icon, a black square appears behind it. Also, when I drag an icon around on the desktop, all of the background turns black. All of this started...
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...