Windows 10: Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert?

Discus and support Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to set the path of the Downloads to Desktop. So I clicked on the properties of the Download folder, went to the Location tab and changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dorian 555, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert?

Hi, I wanted to set the path of the Downloads to Desktop. So I clicked on the properties of the Download folder, went to the Location tab and changed the path to: C:\Users\*Username*\DesktopI now realise this was not what I wanted. Desktop is now named "Downloads" and links to the DesktopDesktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert? :Downloads is still named Downloads but also links to the Desktop:The Desktop and Downloads are now somehow linked and I don't know how to revert it. They both lead to the Desktop and are both called "downloads". The "restore default" button doesn't work, nothing happens. When I click on the Move button an

:)

Dorian 555, Sep 6, 2022

2. desktop and download folders are linked to my D disk

Thank you for the informations.

In that case I suggest you adjust the path again through the Registry Editor.

1. Press Windows+R, type regedit.exe and click OK;

2. Navigate to the path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Locate the folder {374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B} and double-click it;

4. Change the path to

%USERPROFILE%\Downloads

5. Locate the Desktop folder;

6. Change the path to

%USERPROFILE%\Desktop

Close the registry editor, restart your computer and see if the problem persists.

I await news.

If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

We will always be available for whatever you need!

Paloma Bianchini, Sep 6, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2022
  4. Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert?

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert?

1. Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert? - Similar Threads - Desktop und Download

2. file path not located

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file path not located: i am receiving an Error when attempting to access a file that the file path cannot be located on c:drive. it was previously accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-located/9ccdbaa8-5f5d-41f2-9531-67827f526a81
  3. file path not located

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file path not located: i am receiving an Error when attempting to access a file that the file path cannot be located on c:drive. it was previously accessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-located/9ccdbaa8-5f5d-41f2-9531-67827f526a81
  4. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to revert documents location?: I accidentally set my Drive D: as the "Documents" location, it was not my intention it was supposed to be a folder in the Drive. How can i revert the changes?...
  5. How to revert documents location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert documents location?: I accidentally set my Drive D: as the "Documents" location, it was not my intention it was supposed to be a folder in the Drive. How can i revert the changes?...
  6. How to revert documents location?

7. Windows Desktop path is located in my D Drive: how to revert to C:\Users\Name\Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop path is located in my D Drive: how to revert to C:\Users\Name\Desktop?: During the reinstallation process of Windows 10 and then migrating to Windows 11, my desktop was created inside Onedrive despite me not using Onedrive. Once the installation was finished, I uninstalled Onedrive.However, I believe a tweak was performed on my PC and my desktop...
  8. Windows Desktop path is located in my D Drive: how to revert to C:\Users\Name\Desktop?

Windows Desktop path is located in my D Drive: how to revert to C:\Users\Name\Desktop?: During the reinstallation process of Windows 10 and then migrating to Windows 11, my desktop was created inside Onedrive despite me not using Onedrive. Once the installation was finished, I uninstalled Onedrive.However, I believe a tweak was performed on my PC and my desktop...
  9. Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert?

Desktop und Download Location path linked? How to revert?: Hi, I wanted to set the path of the Downloads to Desktop. So I clicked on the properties of the Download folder, went to the Location tab and changed the path to: C:\Users\*Username*\DesktopI now realise this was not what I wanted. Desktop is now named "Downloads" and links...
  10. default desktop and downloads location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default desktop and downloads location: I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the...