Windows 10: Desktop unreadable

Discus and support Desktop unreadable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Updated to version 1803 last night and upon restart, the labels for my desktop icons are unreadable, due to the bottom half of the words being chopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cynthia Regan, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Desktop unreadable

Updated to version 1803 last night and upon restart, the labels for my desktop icons are unreadable, due to the bottom half of the words being chopped off. Functionality not affected...just obnoxious. Also, the time/date/calendar that used to show in the bottom right of my task bar is now missing and I can't find where to get it back.

:)

Cynthia Regan, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Kathrynzn Win User

Windows 10 Mail app: many of my unread emails are not appearing when "Unread" option is chosen

Have been using Windows 10 Mail app on my PC for some time. Suddenly this afternoon I noticed that only 4 of my 20 unread emails appear when I choose the "Unread" option. Why are the other 16 not listed anymore?

I checked the 16 missing emails and they are all still marked as "unread" so why are they not appearing when I choose the "Unread" filter?

Have tried troubleshooting and fixes supplied by Microsoft but the problem remains.

Is this something that others are experiencing? Any suggestions?

Kathrynzn, Dec 12, 2018
  3. email display of unread messages

Hi,

There's a possibility that your unread emails could be saved in one of the subfolders in your inbox. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest checking and expanding all subfolders in your inbox and see if there are unread messages. If there are no unread
    messages, then Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to help us determine and address the problem.

In case the problem persists, we suggest that you refresh your email notification by turning off/on the email notifications in Windows 10 Mail app. Here's how:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the page, then select
      Options.
    • In the top drop-down menu, select the email account where unread messages show up and scroll down to the Notifications settings.
    • Turn off/on the Notification.
    • Close the Windows 10 Mail app, then relaunch it.

Let us know how it goes so we can further look into the issue.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Desktop unreadable

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Desktop unreadable

1. Desktop unreadable - Similar Threads - Desktop unreadable

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  4. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  5. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  6. Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp slimline desktop keeps crashing!: Had a person give me a little hp slimline desktop for free because it keeps crashing at varies times. It will crash within 5 seconds of turning it on, a couple mins, and the longest is about 5 to 10 mins. It just crashes, no error code, no nothing. It has a 256 m.2 that I...
  7. Strange unreadable characters are being shown on the desktop and file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange unreadable characters are being shown on the desktop and file explorer.: After the startup windows 10 started showing these unreadable charcaters. All the other apps like chrome, windows settings etc. are working fine, it's just the desktop, windows explorer and the control panel which are showing these strange characters. In control panel the...
  8. Strange unreadable characters are being shown on the desktop and file explorer.

Strange unreadable characters are being shown on the desktop and file explorer.: After the startup windows 10 started showing these unreadable charcaters. All the other apps like chrome, windows settings etc. are working fine, it's just the desktop, windows explorer and the control panel which are showing these strange characters. In control panel the...
  9. Strange unreadable characters are being shown on the desktop and file explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. desktop font unreadable

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop font unreadable: The very faint outline font on the desktop is unreadable on my new Dell xps laptop. Horrible choice from Windows 10. Worst of all...there is no user friendly means of changing it and the directions given on the Microsoft site in answer to this same question from others are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unreadable window labels