Windows 10: Desktop version rather than App version home screen

Discus and support Desktop version rather than App version home screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya, So I recently got a laptop that has this new Windows update and everything was fine because when I logged on my home screen was just like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amyc, Sep 29, 2016.

1. amyc Win User

Desktop version rather than App version home screen

Hiya,

So I recently got a laptop that has this new Windows update and everything was fine because when I logged on my home screen was just like a normal computer, like a desktop, recycle bin, start menu, and then yesterday when i was typing, something changed and now when I log on, my home screen is the tiles, with the tiles for Photos, Internet etc, and i know there is a back arrow in the bottom left corner of the screen now but I thought pressing it might take me back to the desktop screen but it doesn't, also like opening up the internet, in this version the X close button isnt visible till you mouse over the corner. Im not too keen on this version and I'm not sure how to get back to the way it was before, is this an update? or have i just accidentally changed the settings whilst typing? Thanks!

:)

2. Icons rearrangement

I had Windows 7 home premium version and I upgraded it to Windows 10. My problem is that desktop icons rearrange automatically. Not only desktop icons but start menu as well. For example, when I open start menu, it opens in the middle of screen rather
    than corner.

aminbanaie, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Browser bringing up "mobile" version rather than "desktop" version after update to 8.1

I thought someone from Microsoft might provide some insight or solution to this very serious problem!

Davo Dinkum, Sep 29, 2016
  4. Desktop version rather than App version home screen

Sounds like you switched to 'tablet mode'.
    You can change it back by going to Notifications (far right of taskbar) and you should see it at the bottom.

markweatherill, Sep 29, 2016
  5. amyc Win User
    omg thank you so much, thats it! thank youu

amyc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop version rather than App version home screen

1. Desktop version rather than App version home screen - Similar Threads - Desktop version rather

2. Allow installation of certain apps rather than all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow installation of certain apps rather than all: We have company policies that prevent user from installing applications unless they are a local admin. We have a few cases in which applications update regularly and the user cannot install those updates.Rather than giving them local admin access we are looking at using...
  3. Allow installation of certain apps rather than all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow installation of certain apps rather than all: We have company policies that prevent user from installing applications unless they are a local admin. We have a few cases in which applications update regularly and the user cannot install those updates.Rather than giving them local admin access we are looking at using...
  4. Allow installation of certain apps rather than all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is MS Teams web version faster and more responsive than desktop version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is MS Teams web version faster and more responsive than desktop version?: Hi, MS Teams app isn't much responsive, always lags during calls, freezes and suddenely closes. So is the web version better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ms-teams-web-version-faster-and-more-responsive/dd9b0f07-5dc9-48e9-8aa5-bdcf7ff05f3b
  6. Pro version to Home version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pro version to Home version: I purchased a Home version Product Key for a laptop preowned with Windows Pro. Because it wouldn't let me activate it after putting it in my name. So now what? Is there such a thing as a Downgrade in Versions? If so how do I go about this?...
  7. App version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    App version: Hi Team, Could you please direct me to any pdf or link wherein I could access the App versions history update highlighting the month / year / date information ? Or if there is some way of decoding or mapping it to the specific time periods? Thanks Prachi...
  8. How to boot to login screen rather than account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to boot to login screen rather than account?: I've built a new PC last week, and installed Windows 10 to it (upgraded from a legitimate 7). Now I've made several accounts for me and someone else (work, play etc) and now I have an issue logging in. Whenever I (re)boot the PC, it boots straight into the last used...
  9. Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?: Hello, Always something new, I guess. I create a simple document in Word. Tell Windows10 to put it on the desktop. But, lately, it seems to always throw it into the Documents Folder instead. Why ? How can i get it to put it where I select, and want, the...
  10. Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Showing Live Tiles Rather Than Desktop Icons: For some reason all of a sudden my computer is showing the Windows "Live Tiles" rather than the desktop icons that had been showing. How do I get things back to the way it was? 61443