Windows 10: Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working

Discus and support Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As title says, no matter which option I pick, the desktop wallpaper looks always the same, I have a 4k wallpaper on a full HD screen that gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SenaCelestia, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working

As title says, no matter which option I pick, the desktop wallpaper looks always the same, I have a 4k wallpaper on a full HD screen that gets automatically shrieked down no matter which option I pick: center, align, stretch, etc. NO difference whatsoever.

Using Windows 10 home 1903

:)

SenaCelestia, Jun 18, 2020

2. strech wallpaper

i have a nokia n95 and when i go to assign a picture for wallpaper automatically the phone streches it and it looks like misshapen.why?i tried to crop it and resize it through the phone camera effects but nothing happens.does anyone have the same problem?

alehantro_2, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working

Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment

The wallpaper inconsistently mis-aligns to the screen in the fullscreen start menu. It is aligned properly outside of the menu.

I've tried:

- toggling transparency effects off & back on

- changing the wallpaper

- disconnecting & reconnecting the laptop from the hub

- unplugging the hub for 10 seconds

Is there a way to prevent and/or fix this?

Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working 64ca12fc-bd81-42f3-8e87-90c89cfbc5a8?upload=true.png

Nick Combs, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working

1. Desktop Wallpaper align/center/strech function not working - Similar Threads - Desktop Wallpaper align

2. Streched res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  3. Desktop Icon Alignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Alignment: I was just wondering why desktop icons aren't aligned to the centered to the middle of the screen, or at least why there isn't an option for that. I haven't found really anything on centering desktop icons, so I thought I should come to the source.Thanks for any feedback!...
  4. Spanned desktop wallpaper is centering on both individually.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spanned desktop wallpaper is centering on both individually.: Display set to extend. both monitors together are 3840×1080. I downloaded an image specifically 3840×1080 . Set as desktop background, click span..... it centers.... on each.. individually. Never seen this one before. Can someone tell me where I'm being absent minded?...
  5. Desktop Wallpaper Not working

Desktop Wallpaper Not working: I'm trying to get this image as my desktop wallpaper for a few hours now. I had it as my wallpaper for about a two days then suddenly today it's not working properly. Every time I select the image the the background turns to a solid colour. Is there anyway I could fix this?...
  6. Working Map as a Desktop Wallpaper?

Working Map as a Desktop Wallpaper?: I just got a sugar rush and I got a random-ish idea. The only use I have for my desktop is for a wallpaper, otherwise, for shortcuts, I use the startup in fullscreen, way more efficient. Anyway, what If I had, say, Google Maps (Or something that looks cooler) as a desktop...
  7. Functional program as a wallpaper?

Functional program as a wallpaper?: Good day, Is there a way to set windows file explorer explorer.exe as a wallpaper. As a functional wallpaper which you can use to work on. Is there a way to set up a running program as a wallpaper? I really don't need a wallpaper therefore I only have a black color. Is...
  8. Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image

Turn off opacity function for desktop wallpaper image: In a recent Windows Update, the functionality of desktop images changed. I have photos I use for a backgound image and they are now more Opaque (they are not the original photograph, but lightened by 10% or more. I want to shut this functionality OFF. How to stop Windows from...
  9. Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment

Fullscreen Start Menu Wallpaper Alignment: The wallpaper inconsistently mis-aligns to the screen in the fullscreen start menu. It is aligned properly outside of the menu. I've tried: - toggling transparency effects off & back on - changing the wallpaper - disconnecting & reconnecting the laptop from the hub -...
  10. desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons alignment: I have the icons aligned in a certain way , always had them well and when I restart they are always aligned. A few days i noticed they are misaligned and there are a option that says: there is a line up icons with the grid , I deactivate and when I restart again and goes...