Windows 10: Desktop wallpaper glitch

Discus and support Desktop wallpaper glitch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NDrew11, Mar 15, 2020.

1. NDrew11 Win User

Desktop wallpaper glitch

Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings > personalize, the computer remembers the photo that's put into the desktop and it then it shows up on the wallpaper. But this happens so often when I start everything up it's just a nuisance to do every time just for a photo, but at the same time the glitch dotted wallpaper is a nuisance too.

There's another thread I found on here from 2015 but that advice didn't help me out because the display drivers are all up to date. Is there a solve to this? It's a brand new computer and it started with this glitch right away, it seems like such a simple fix.

Thank you.

:)

NDrew11, Mar 15, 2020

2. Wallpaper Glitch

Hi Bobby,

There are many possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue when changing your desktop's wallpaper. In order for us to narrow down the possible causes, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Are you also experiencing the issue when using the default backgrounds/wallpapers available in Settings?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do your desktop monitors have the same specifications?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Desktop wallpaper glitch

Wallpaper Glitch

Every Time I set a new wallpaper my second monitor turns to the new one, while my main monitor glitches back to my old wallpaper. I have to restart it to see the new one on the main monitor. Please help

bobbygendron, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Desktop wallpaper glitch

1. Desktop wallpaper glitch - Similar Threads - Desktop wallpaper glitch

2. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Wallpaper and Icons Bug Glitch: Hi,I have 2 monitors on my windows 11 rig. One operates at a resolution of 2560x1440 @165Hz, the other one at a resolution of 1920x1080 @180Hz.Sometimes my desktop glitches like you can see in the screenshot. It happens on both monitors, but when I refresh it only persists on...
  4. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  5. Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpapers changing on their own and other fun wallpaper glitches: My wallpapers like to change on their own. Always happens after I leave my PC on sleep mode for 5 or more minutes. Sometimes it will be a random image in my gallery that I opened recently, other times it will be the same image on my 1st monitor I have a dual monitor set up...
  6. Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Wallpaper glitch: Hello everyone! I have a problem with my windows wallpaper on my desktop. I don't know what triggers it, but occasionally windows will remove my wallpaper and replace it with just a white background. It's a really weird glitch, that's not easily replicable. Sometimes when...
  7. desktop wallpapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop wallpapers: how i can new wallpapers for my dektop background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wallpapers/e3f39876-466e-4858-8aaf-eae4d1c9b62b
  8. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: My Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing despite me taking it off of slideshow mode. I used to have it on slide show going through a folder but I decided to change it to one picture recently. Now it keeps changing and going through a slideshow even if I chose a picture...
  9. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...
  10. Desktop Wallpapers

Desktop Wallpapers: Where is the option from 7 & 8.1 to "Change Picture Every" and "Shuffle". Am I missing something? Thanks for all help. 16319