Windows 10: Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay

Discus and support Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! First time here. I've begun experiencing odd behaviour and I haven't personally seen this before in a windows computer. I've seen various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brennan, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Brennan Win User

Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay

Hello! First time here.

I've begun experiencing odd behaviour and I haven't personally seen this before in a windows computer.
    I've seen various screen bugs before but, this one's a little different and it just screams to me that it's an issue with Windows 10.

This only started happening recently.
    I have not updated any of my drivers because it shouldn't be of much concern this is the only visual glitch I've been experiencing since owning this laptop(nearing 3 years now, originally was windows 8):
    Acer V3-772G
    Windows 10
    16GB DDR3 Memory
    Intel Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.20GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

The problem itself isn't urgent and is simple but odd in nature.
    It's purely the desktop wallpaper experiencing issues. None of my icons are affected by it.
    Originally this funny metal 'texture' would appear over my screen only on boot and log in(it's not all the time but very often) and it'd remove itself as I highlight things (so I would have to highlight the entire screen to remove this funny 'texture' completely off my wallpaper) hovering over to pre-highlight an icon would also remove this texture from around and in behind my desktop icons.

I ignored this until just then it happened mid session while I was on playing a game (may have been there for a few minutes unsure, as I'm fullscreen on my game etc.)
    And despite highlighting things and moving my mouse around, it would not remove itself.
    I fear the worst expecting to have to restart, but as I predicted, changing wallpaper got rid of the visual bug to my wallpaper, then changing it back to my wallpaper I normally used was fine.

Thanks for taking the time to read my odd issue, bit hard to search for problems like this as it's rather specific and there's always a lot of display issues. I've just never heard of one like this before. Hence my reasoning behind suggesting it's a OS issue with Windows 10.

Thanks again,

Images for reference:
    (excuse me hiding all my icons, figured i'd just do it as it's not the focus regardless.)
    One picture is when it happened just then and I couldn't get rid of the funny texture, note my wallpaper is visible at the very top however. Changing the wallpaper to something else then back resolved it though, unlike normal where on boot I can just highlight the entire screen and it'd fix itself. Included an image of what my wallpaper normally looks like.

Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay [​IMG]

:)

Brennan, Oct 12, 2016
  2. GinFizzz Win User

Dark Blue Desktop Background with small white dots, can anyone explain this?

Black screen with white dots overlaying my desktop background happened to me after last Windows 10 update. All my icons were still there just the background was hidden behind the overlay.

Thank you zachd for the hint to check wallpaper settings. For some reason they were reset to slide show and tile by the update. Very Strange! Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay :)

GinFizzz, Oct 12, 2016
  3. [VP] Win User
    My desktop wallpaper changes itself with unknown pictures.

(Sorry for my english)

Hello, at Janaury I had a very strange experience: my desktop changed wallpaper and color of theme, for background there were pictures of the emoji unicorn put beside like a texture. It was strange because that picture was not saved on the pc, was not downloaded...

I changed the desktop again and I ran a scan with Malware bites, I only found a suspected directory that I deleted.

So, I had no problems until yesterday.

The desktop changed again itself with a picture took from a blog I think. I'll post a photo.

It may seem funny because that wallpaper is ridicolous , well it isn't funny for me. I had not that pictures on pc, I use flat colors as desktop wallpaper. I ran a scan again, and the scan with AVG and Malware bytes: no malwares. But the scan were too fast.
    Could the antiviruses have been hacked?

And if I have "someone" in the pc?

(I have an HP from 2014 with i3 but I can't check the type now)

I created a new user without using internet connection, changed password, set new user as admin but I could not enter in the "old" user directory for save my files in the new user.

I'm very worried. Please help.

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Image cropped and resized by moderator

Thema:

Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay

1. Desktop Wallpaper glitchy - Funny texture overlay - Similar Threads - Desktop Wallpaper glitchy

2. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  3. Desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper: Which Gaming wallpaper are you using on your laptop or desktop pc? Do you like 4k gamig wallpaper for your device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wallpaper/4e0519eb-b98b-4ccf-8c1e-c1e6c20bd78a
  4. desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop wallpaper: Hello i have a dual monitor setup and every time I actually try to set my wall paper it seems to be really big and kind of blurry both monitors are 1920x1080 making it 3840x1080 as using dual monitors seems to make it big and kind of blurry?...
  5. 3D Models from Paint 3D appear weirdly textured and glitchy.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3D Models from Paint 3D appear weirdly textured and glitchy.: Hello, So, I made a 3D model in Paint 3D on Windows 10 I have Powerpoint 365. When I saved the Paint 3D model as a glb file, I inserted it into my Powerpoint. When I did, the texture was very glitchy and checkered. It was nothing like the model on Paint 3D. I tried update...
  6. desktop wallpapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop wallpapers: how i can new wallpapers for my dektop background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wallpapers/e3f39876-466e-4858-8aaf-eae4d1c9b62b
  7. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: My Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing despite me taking it off of slideshow mode. I used to have it on slide show going through a folder but I decided to change it to one picture recently. Now it keeps changing and going through a slideshow even if I chose a picture...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...
  9. Desktop Wallpapers

Desktop Wallpapers: Where is the option from 7 & 8.1 to "Change Picture Every" and "Shuffle". Am I missing something? Thanks for all help. 16319
  10. Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate Desktop acting funny, solution?: Hi people, I have a strange problem that's causing me headaches with Windows 10 + games. I'm currently using a GTX 670, but have used an R9 390 (until i sold it) and have a GTX 1070 turning up from newegg in a few days. The problem occurs when i plug my monitor (an...