Windows 10: Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

Discus and support Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by i386, Oct 29, 2020.

1. i386 Win User

Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe it does this when I log in and use Office 365 I have a monthly subscription. But when I set up Windows I never log in and when I sign on boot up Windows it is never tied to my Microsoft Account.
    How do I get different backgrounds and stop it from changing because it is making me very angry. It does ask a million and one times when you update to a new version or reinstall Windows 10 to log in to Microsoft.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 (OS Build 19041.546)

:)

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 29, 2020
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

1. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing - Similar Threads - Desktop Wallpaper keeps

2. Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting after I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting after I change it: **Please help**I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new asus laptop. I have created two users, both as admins with two different backgrounds themes pictures, not slideshow. And the problem begins. At first it seemed that the second users background always reverted to be the...
  3. Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting after I change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop wallpaper keeps reverting after I change it: **Please help**I just installed Windows 11 in a brand new asus laptop. I have created two users, both as admins with two different backgrounds themes pictures, not slideshow. And the problem begins. At first it seemed that the second users background always reverted to be the...
  4. Change desktop wallpaper with phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change desktop wallpaper with phone?: exactly what the title says (is there an app?). Surprisingly I couldn't find a single post regarding this topic. submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f45o/change_desktop_wallpaper_with_phone/
  5. Wallpaper keeps changing

Wallpaper keeps changing: Hi guys, I am having some issues where my wallpaper keeps on changing on my secondary screen, which is vertical. Not only that, for some reason when I start my computer the bootscreen is always on my second scree. I am using 2 display ports from the nvidia graphics card. I...
  6. Wallpaper keep changing

Wallpaper keep changing: I recently downloaded windynamic wallpaper. Set it now instead of changing with time it changes to random wallpapers anyone else experience this? submitted by /u/RJJJJJJJ710 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd01ww/wallpaper_keep_changing/
  7. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  8. Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper: I am starting to Hate Windows 10 everyday. Did I say hate their are stronger words, nasty words, unchristian words.!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since the last update to Creator Windows I think my computer is possessed. Poltergeist. I do a lot of file explorer operations. Every time I...
  9. Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing

Desktop wallpaper keeps disappearing: So the last two days I have noticed my desktop wallpaper either resizes itself to 1080p - I am on 4k - or it vanishes altogether. I have set slideshow to disable in power options. I turned theme sync off as I don't have any other windows devices, wonder how i reset the...
  10. Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper

Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper: I'm getting frustrated with this. No matter what I do I can't get to change the desktop wallpaper/background on windows 10. When I open a pic in ACDsee and set it as a wallpaper it doesn't change a thing. All I have is a solid color. Can someone help me with this please. TIA...