Windows 10: Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC

Discus and support Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently set up a new tower PC for our church office with 2 users, 1 general use, the other for restricted use. General user wallpaper was a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tpriest, Jul 17, 2021.

1. tpriest Win User

Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC

I recently set up a new tower PC for our church office with 2 users, 1 general use, the other for restricted use. General user wallpaper was a Windows 10 default. For the restricted user I created a specific wallpaper so it would be obvious when in that user; the restricted user isn't used that much. A week or so later I noticed that the laptop used for Zooming the church services had acquired the restricted user wallpaper. To the best of my knowledge that wallpaper file has never been near the laptop, it's not on a USB stick. Both PCs are on the internet via the church network. I really can't imagine how the wallpaper file got there, I'll have a look in the laptop's registry tomorrow and see what the filename is. It's not a serious issue, the 2 PCs can't access each other AFAIK. Any thoughts on how this could have happened?

:)

tpriest, Jul 17, 2021

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC

Desktop wallpaper

I have a wallpaper chosen for my desktop. However, often my screen will go to a completely blue background for no apparent reason. Suggestions?

Carol Mintus, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC

1. Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC - Similar Threads - Desktop wallpaper migrated

2. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  3. Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper disappears after switching to another virtual desktop: My wallpaper is set to slideshow via personalization, and I've multiple virtual desktops. After rebooting and switching to another virtual desktop, the wallpaper would display a black screen across all desktops. Clicking the default theme again fixes the issue. Windows 11...
  4. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  5. Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper migrated to another PC: I recently set up a new tower PC for our church office with 2 users, 1 general use, the other for restricted use. General user wallpaper was a Windows 10 default. For the restricted user I created a specific wallpaper so it would be obvious when in that user; the restricted...
  6. desktop wallpapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop wallpapers: how i can new wallpapers for my dektop background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-wallpapers/e3f39876-466e-4858-8aaf-eae4d1c9b62b
  7. Migrate Windows 10 from pc to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrate Windows 10 from pc to another: I updated an atom net book from XP to a retail Windows 7 pro which I updated to Windows 10 pro (free update) which is activated with a digital licence. The not book atom is updated to 1607, which is all that is supported, I want to retire the notebook and migrate the OS to...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: My Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing despite me taking it off of slideshow mode. I used to have it on slide show going through a folder but I decided to change it to one picture recently. Now it keeps changing and going through a slideshow even if I chose a picture...
  9. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...
  10. Desktop Wallpapers

Desktop Wallpapers: Where is the option from 7 & 8.1 to "Change Picture Every" and "Shuffle". Am I missing something? Thanks for all help. 16319