Windows 10: Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor

Discus and support Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've downloaded and installed some beautiful themes from Windows Store with some very nice wallpapers. My primary display has a resolution of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaxArk68, Dec 17, 2018.

1. MaxArk68 Win User

Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor

I've downloaded and installed some beautiful themes from Windows Store with some very nice wallpapers. My primary display has a resolution of 5760x1080, three 23" monitors brought together using Nvidia's Surround Feature.

The wallpapers span across the three monitors but the images are grossly enlarged and do not show fully on the display. Most of the pictures are cropped.

Is there a way, a setting perhaps, that will allow me to adjust the wallpaper to a size that I can enjoy the full poicture?

:)

MaxArk68, Dec 17, 2018

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Slideshow wallpaper displaying as span when set to fit

I have my wallpaper setting running as a slideshow on Windows 10 set to Fit. I'm fine with displaying different images on each monitor, but after a little while it will start displaying only one centered between the monitors as though it's set to Span.
    As soon as I open the Settings app to fix it, the background resets itself and goes back to working correctly. Any solutions would be helpful.

Dr Hassenphefer, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor

Dual monitor problem: Wallpaper on both monitors turn black when using panoramic Windows themes

What happens if you use the Span or Tile wallpaper fit option on the classic Windows theme wallpapers?

What's the resolution of your monitors?

What's the resolution of one of the panoramic theme wallpapers?

zachd [MSFT], Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor

1. Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor - Similar Threads - Desktop Wallpaper Spanned

2. Cant get wallpaper to span dual monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant get wallpaper to span dual monitor: My desktop extends both monitors set to "extend these displays" but I cant get wallpaper to span dual monitors. It only duplicates. When I right click on the wallpaper picture I only get "set as desktop background." I dont get an option to select which monitor.Windows 11Two...
  3. Cant get wallpaper to span dual monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant get wallpaper to span dual monitor: My desktop extends both monitors set to "extend these displays" but I cant get wallpaper to span dual monitors. It only duplicates. When I right click on the wallpaper picture I only get "set as desktop background." I dont get an option to select which monitor.Windows 11Two...
  4. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  5. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  6. Spanned desktop wallpaper is centering on both individually.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spanned desktop wallpaper is centering on both individually.: Display set to extend. both monitors together are 3840×1080. I downloaded an image specifically 3840×1080 . Set as desktop background, click span..... it centers.... on each.. individually. Never seen this one before. Can someone tell me where I'm being absent minded?...
  7. Wallpapers spanned over multiple monitors with different resolutions do not scale properly

Wallpapers spanned over multiple monitors with different resolutions do not scale properly: I have a 1440p and 1080p monitor, when I set a wallpaper to span across both of them the image on the 1080p monitor is slightly smaller than it should be, causing a mismatch. Is there a solution to this that doesnt include using display fusion? EDIT: This isnt just an issue...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?

Desktop Wallpaper with Portrait and Landscape monitors broken?: [ATTACH] Sometimes when I start up my PC, the wallpaper on my portrait (right) monitor breaks in the way that is depicted here. Is there a fix that can rectify this? This is an extremely irritating occurrence. submitted by /u/captainjelly [link] [comments]...
  9. Extending a wallpaper over 2 monitors

Extending a wallpaper over 2 monitors: I have 2 27 inch monitors, and I want to find a wallpaper that would span over the both of them. The issue I’m having is that they both have different resolutions. The monitor on the left is 1920x1080 144hz and the one on the right is 3840x2160 60hz. What resolution wallpaper...
  10. Span Partition over SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Span Partition over SSD and HDD: Hi everyone! I'm planning to span my D: Drive (which is now a 2 TB HDD) partition over to a new 128 GB SSD. That partition holds Program Files and Program Files (x86) as alternatives to the ones on my system drive, since that's an SSD too small for all my installed programs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resolution for spanned desktop

2. how to adjust spanned wallpaper windows 10