Windows 10: desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures

Discus and support desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can you guys explain this? I have a dir I use for the slideshow in this OS and NONE of them are split. they are single pictures only. Randomly I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamEvanovich2, Jan 2, 2021.

1. desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures

can you guys explain this? I have a dir I use for the slideshow in this OS and NONE of them are split. they are single pictures only. Randomly I will get a pic that you see below. this is split in 2 frames, 2 different pics that are actually IN the dir! Sometimes I will see a slide that is 4 pics, split into 4 frames! what in the world you guys? Should I consider this classic microsoft? = help, thanks guys. happy new year.

desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures 3cc8fb49-a597-46c1-a3fe-9f7c40b950aa?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Seyazou Win User

Desktop wallpaper slideshow does not randomly select pictures, and cannot change the folder.

I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit.

Over the last few days, I noticed that the desktop wallpaper images do not change to random pictures, but goes in sequence. Also I cannot change the selected pictures folder I want to use for my desktop wallpaper slideshow.

Any suggestions?

Seyazou, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Can Windows 10's desktop slideshow use pictures from inside multiple subfolders?

It seems that Windows 10's desktop slideshow does not use pictures from inside subfolders. Is there a way to get it to use these pictures?

I have a Wallpapers folder with subfolders like Landscapes and Architecture. The subfolders have pictures in them. Wallpapers has no pictures in it directly.

I want the slideshow to use all of the pictures from all of the subfolders.

In Settings > Personalization > Background, I set:

• Background = Slideshow
    • Choose albums for your slideshow = Wallpapers

The desktop just shows whatever the last photo was, or sometimes just a weird, small grid pattern.

If I put a couple pictures in the Wallpapers folder, it will use those as expected. So I think the issue is that it doesn't look in subfolders, but I don't want to dismantle my organizational system.

Is there a way to get it to use the pictures from all the subfolders?

P1h3r1e3d13, Jan 2, 2021
  4. JonasJCS Win User

desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures

Bug using slideshow as background wallpaper

I've configured my windows to use slideshow as wallpaper and set the window theme based on color of the background picture. Using windows explorer, when the wallpaper changes if you are navigating through a list of itens then windoes selects the first
    item from that list. Its annoying.

JonasJCS, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures

1. desktop wallpaper slideshow producing weird split pictures - Similar Threads - desktop wallpaper slideshow

2. Wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper slideshow: Hi,I have set the background to show a random image Change picture every: 1 minuteShuffle: OnChoose a fit: FitEvery time the wallpaper change on my main screen it flicker totaly Black and return as normal after a second or 2and when i use right click "show next wallpaper" it...
  3. Wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper slideshow: Hi,I have set the background to show a random image Change picture every: 1 minuteShuffle: OnChoose a fit: FitEvery time the wallpaper change on my main screen it flicker totaly Black and return as normal after a second or 2and when i use right click "show next wallpaper" it...
  4. Desktop text shadow with wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop text shadow with wallpaper slideshow: Whenever I turn off text shadow on my desktop in system settings, they get their shadow back if I set a wallpaper slideshow. Is there a way i can turn off the text shadow wit wallpaper slideshow?Thank you....
  5. Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper

Slideshow image not showing up in desktop wallpaper: Hello everyone, I posted this question because of a problem I'm experiencing with the desktop slideshow wallpaper. I put 14 images into the folder chose for the background and 13 of them work. The third image, named "3.png" in the folder, does not show up on the desktop....
  6. Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture

Desktop Slideshow with a backround picture: I would like to use a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope and set that as my desktop back round. On that I would like to have a slideshow showing pictures of my grandkids : . Can this be done? Thanks...
  7. WALLPAPER SLIDESHOW

WALLPAPER SLIDESHOW: When I am selecting picture in the Wallpaper option, then it is browsing all the pictures in my laptop. But when I selected slideshow and browsed, then its showed folder is empty. Then I again switched to pictures mode and at the time the folder had pictures. Then, again I...
  8. Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow

Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow: For the last couple years now I've had multiple monitors and have been really enjoying the slideshow feature for different backgrounds. At present, my desktop background folder contain almost 700 various background images. However, the layout of my monitors is one on my...
  9. Use Windows Spotlight as Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow

in Windows 10 News
    Use Windows Spotlight as Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow: [ATTACH] The beautiful images that you see on your lock screen now and then come under the category of Windows Spotlight. These stunning images come from various sources from the aspects of photography of famous, historical, and other kinds of subjects. If you [...] This...
  10. Location of pictures in the slideshow (dekstop wallpapers)

Location of pictures in the slideshow (dekstop wallpapers): One of the options for your desktop background is "slideshow" and I'm wondering what folders windows draws from for the "Windows 10" slideshow album (the default one). 98756