Windows 10: Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10]

Discus and support Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have some problems with my desktop wallpaper. It turns black in any area that my desktop get's updated. For instance when i drag with my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AarneP, Oct 15, 2019.

1. AarneP Win User

Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10]

Hi.

I have some problems with my desktop wallpaper. It turns black in any area that my desktop get's updated. For instance when i drag with my mouse to mark several icons on the desktop the area behind the blue marker-area tuns black but not the rest. Or When i right click and press "update desktop" the whole wallpaper disappears and turns black. Everything works just fine otherwise. (I have a real key for Windows 10 activation).

My rtx 2080 cards drivers are up to date and I have reinstalled them two times.

sfc /scannow tells me nothing is broken.

Plz help.

:)

AarneP, Oct 15, 2019

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Suddz Win User
    Windows 10 desktop turned black suddenly.

I am using HP 15-au114tx laptop. It has Windows 10 on it. All has been working totally fine when I desired to change the wallpaper today after a long time. But nothing happened but the desktop turned black. Only wallpaper
    I can have now is the one I was having or the first theme from the custom theme installed. Otherwise the desktop turns black. Looking forward to a solution. Thank You.

Suddz, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Desktop wallpaper turns black while dragging cursor on the desktop [WIN 10] - Similar Threads - Desktop wallpaper turns

2. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.: hello,I am a system administrator for the company i work for. My boss wanted me to add a specific wallpaper for all the computers in our domain. So I activated and changed all the wallpapers with GPO. At the start everything seems to work fine. After a day or two some users...
  3. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.: hello,I am a system administrator for the company i work for. My boss wanted me to add a specific wallpaper for all the computers in our domain. So I activated and changed all the wallpapers with GPO. At the start everything seems to work fine. After a day or two some users...
  4. Domain users: Desktop Wallpaper turning black.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop turns black: I have this problem lately where my desktop just turns black a while....I also when this happens unable to move my mouse cursor. But strange thing is the windows i have open just show....even when video playing in it, the video keeps playing, i cannot do anything though,...
  6. Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black

Group Policy Desktop Wallpaper Black: I have a strange problem where every so often one of my users who has our corporate desktop wallpaper deployed via Group Policy will log on and find that it is now just a black wallpaper. It seems to happen at random but once it has happened the wallpaper does not come back....
  7. Desktop wallpaper corrupts when you click and drag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop wallpaper corrupts when you click and drag: Every now and again, whenever I click and drag on the desktop, it corrupts my wallpaper into a black area wherever I have dragged. I've only noticed this happening since I changed my wallpaper- I was previously using the default Windows 10 1903 one but recently switched to a...
  8. Desktop wallpaper nows turns black every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop wallpaper nows turns black every time: Every time I click the desktop button [the one next to Action Center] , My desktop turns black, but when I minimise chrome for example the background is still there. I tried bunch of tutorials online, nothing fixed it. This only occurs when pressing the desktop button, and I...
  9. Wallpaper becomes black when dragging the mouse or refreshing the desktop

Wallpaper becomes black when dragging the mouse or refreshing the desktop: Hello team, I hope someone can help me with this very annoying issue: Now and then my wallpaper will become black when I drag the mouse, select an icon or refresh the desktop: [IMG] More information: I have a GTX 1070 and my graphic driver is up to date: NVIDIA...
  10. Desktop wallpaper turns black after context menu delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop wallpaper turns black after context menu delay: Hi all, every time when I right-click the desktop, there is a 10 second delay before the context menu is shown. After the menu is visible my desktop wallpaper turns black when highlighting the desktop (black squares) or hovering over icons. Desktop wallpaper will return to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop cursor wallpaper black