Windows 10: Desktop will not stay asleep

Discus and support Desktop will not stay asleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Nov 27, 2020.

1. maranna Win User

Desktop will not stay asleep

Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install the wireless one works. I down loaded the driver from Logitech and set pint -it is a M310 and keyboard is K520 No trouble till wireless mouse acted up. I am again using the wired one since Logitech driver installed and the mouse functioned again. I have wired one aside and am thinking of seeing if that works with sleep but don't see how. I did a Macrium recovery and the second mouse has now gone from device manager where I have been checking and unchecking boxes that put the pc to sleep. I have tried power management and tried defaults. it seems to stay asleep for while then wakes up almost the opposite of what it should do. Do you have a fix for this ? There are so many places to enable or disable sleep it is hard to identify. i have been at it for days now. I am afraid the pc will bun out running all the time and not sleeping.

Sorry for the rambling -how can I get this desktop to awake after x amount of minutes? I have it set to default after all this trying.

:)

maranna, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Creators Won't Stay Asleep

Hi Greg,

Based on your concern, it appears that your computer won't stay asleep after upgrading to the new Windows Creators Update.

To help us isolate the issue and eventually come up with the best resolution, kindly provide us the following information.

• May we confirm the build of the Creators Update you are using?
    • You mentioned that you have tried every solution already. May we know what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Computer Won't Stay Asleep

Hi,

Computer won't stay asleep due to countless culprits: an accidental swipe of the mouse, a scheduled system task, and any number of other weird settings that reside in Windows' power options. To fix the issue, you may disable the Ethernet adapter's so that system
    may stay asleep. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.

2. Click the plus next to Network adapters, then find the Ethernet adapter for your system.

3. Right-click the adapter name and choose Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab, then clear the checkbox next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

5. Click OK, then restart the computer.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Desktop will not stay asleep

Windows 10 won't stay asleep

I cannot get my windows 10 to stay asleep for more than 1 hour.

Vincent C.Rifici, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Desktop will not stay asleep

1. Desktop will not stay asleep - Similar Threads - Desktop stay asleep

2. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  3. PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not stay asleep/hibernated after upgrade: I just upgraded my PC with a new CPU, mobo, GPU, PSU, new NVMe SSD for my OS, and some various other doodads. My first time performing work this invasive on my own PC and I was pleasantly surprised everything booted up with no issues and I didn't burn my house down....
  4. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  5. windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 will not stay asleep: When sleep after 10 min is set, PC will go to sleep then awake in 1 min and keep cycling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-stay-asleep/8b9544ae-2fd8-487e-be6d-fa1ac6c9da56
  6. Monitor won't stay asleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't stay asleep: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when...
  7. Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?

Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?: So ive burned days on this, i'm now feeling pretty defeated. I've basically reverted the hot mess i made trying to resolve it and gave up. I have a few thousand dollars worth of hard drives. Half of them are external as my case was just only so big and wasnt feeling the nas...
  8. STAY ASLEEP!!!

STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  9. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  10. Windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not stay asleep: Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have: Gone to power management and ensured I have a...