Windows 10: Desktop Win 10

Discus and support Desktop Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I long had a Desktop Folder shortcut on my Desktop as an icon. It was quite handy in providing a list-type grouping of the Desktop contents that eased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlcooper, Jun 22, 2020.

1. dlcooper Win User

Desktop Win 10

I long had a Desktop Folder shortcut on my Desktop as an icon. It was quite handy in providing a list-type grouping of the Desktop contents that eased any needed manipulation. However, I somehow lost it and can't reconstruct the procedure so I'm pleading for some help
    I've tried copying the folder and inserting it in a "new folder" on the Desktop, That seems straightforward but the system won't let it complete.

I'd be grateful for any helpful guidance.

(Win 10 Home)

:)

dlcooper, Jun 22, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 22, 2020
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Desktop Win 10

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Win 10

1. Desktop Win 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop

2. Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?: My tray now has every item that was on my desktop. I don't know what happened or how to correct the problem. My desktop still has all the icons folders, etc. Wondering if anybody can explain what happened and how to restore my situation to before the event?...
  3. trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to connect to a remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop: Hello . I am working on MAC First I connect successfully with GlobalProject to the network of the company. Then I try to connect to the remote PCwindows from my MAC with Microsoft Rremote Desktop entering the IP adress, but it does not work. Do you have an idea how to...
  4. desktop icons dont stay at the same place

desktop icons dont stay at the same place: Hi, I'm tired of always having to rearrange the desktop icons, how to fix this ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-dont-stay-at-the-same-place/4113dd83-083b-43b9-ba34-f80e131968ad
  5. My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows crashed overnight, desktop is black and programs are crashing upon start: I went to bed and believe I didnt show my laptop fully. When I woke up and opened my laptop, my desktop background was black. I tried to open Adobe Illustrator but it crashes upon start. My Adobe Indesign also crashes upon start. My Rhinoceros for 3D modeling also crashes...
  6. Lagging on my Mac Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lagging on my Mac Desktop: A few days ago I installed Windows 10 on my Mac OS X. I had no problems with it. But when I start to watch a video or play games on my Steam, it getts laggy all the time. The audio sounds fine, but the screen is very slow and choppy. I even updated everything and nothing...
  7. Desktop problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop problem: How do I delete a desktop icon on one profile but not on another submitted by /u/Jar-of-butter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnryif/desktop_problem/
  8. OneDrive and Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and Desktop: Hello. I stupidly changed the location of my desktop folder to OneDrive and would like to change it back to PC or default location, but the location tab is now missing from the folder option in file explorer under OneDrive. Is there anyway of achieving this? Cheers,...
  9. How do I remove a shortcut from my desktop without deleting the file? - Windows 10

How do I remove a shortcut from my desktop without deleting the file? - Windows 10: About ten minutes ago I had to do an update, and after doing it I find I had Microsoft Edge put on my desktop and taskbar. I've been able to unpin it from my taskbar, but how to I remove the shortcut icon without actually deleting the whole thing? Is there even a way? It's...
  10. Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts: So after I did a onedrive backup of my desktop and deleted it afterwards all my Icons look like this: https://imgur.com/a/5jBEJkb New shortcuts I add also look like this submitted by /u/DuckyyyyTV [link] [comments]...