Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I felt a big performance decrease on my pc. My configuration: i3-8100 GTX1660Ti 8Gb RAM I have 2 screens: 1 1680x1050 2 1920x1080 When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hwbfcwkjgf hwbfcwkjgf, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage

Recently I felt a big performance decrease on my pc.

My configuration:

i3-8100

GTX1660Ti

8Gb RAM

I have 2 screens:

1 1680x1050

2 1920x1080

When I start Task Manager I often see 94% RAM usage and the first reason is Desktop Window Manager. It uses neraly 5Gb of memory.
    If I kill this process it starts to use about 300Mb and then slowly rises to previous values.

I use Wallpaper Engine and tried to disable it, but got no result.

I also see dwm using more than 10-15% of CPU and GPU. I've done almost everythnig I found on web such as updating drivers or something but nothing's changed.

PLEASE don't write about scanning for viruses, buying new memory and etc. I need real help and want to improve performance of my pc.

:)

hwbfcwkjgf hwbfcwkjgf, Nov 27, 2020

2. Desktop Window Manager High GPU Usage in Windows 10

Hey everyone,

i got the same Problem since two days. My PC configuration is a Gigabyte 2070 Super 8GB and a Ryzen 7 3700X and ive got every update from Windows and Geforce experience. I am wondering why Windows doesnt said anything to this Problem after seeing this thread
    being 20 Pages Long. Does anybody tried These Solutions
    https://appuals.com/fix-desktop-window-manager-high-cpu-usage-dwm-exe/
    ?

First i thought the cause is Google Chrome because it made high gpu and Volt usage too but after an uninstall the Problem was still there.

Is there any Suggestion how to solve the Problem. If this link is working please tell me.

Supergamerbro28, Nov 27, 2020
  3. AnthonyTraber, Nov 27, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage

desktop window manager extremely high ram usage

Hi Anthony,

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn everything off on that page

Restart your PC

Check the RAM usage of DWM . ..

DaveM121, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage

1. Desktop Window Manager dwm.exe high RAM usage - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. desktop window manager high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop window manager high RAM usage: my pc is dell xps 15 updated to window 11. desktop window manager noted to have high RAM usage occasionally ranging from 3000 Mb to 10, 000 Mb please help...
  3. Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage

Desktop Windows Manager High RAM Usage: Ever since I got a new monitor, desktop window manager reaches incredible RAM usage. I've seen it allocate 43gb of RAM and use 7.5gbI have 16gb of RAM. Desktop windows manager will slowly increase its RAM usage until I black screen and it gets reset. Does anyone have a fix...
  4. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  5. Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage

Desktop window manager dwm high memory usage: Since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been facing an issue with desktop window manager dwm. It uses so much memory and the laptop heats up. How to fix this problem?...
  6. Desktop Window manager high RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window manager high RAM usage: Hi. Desktop window manager is using very high memory. I have tried reinstalling windows but it didn't help. Yesterday it was using 3GB memory and my PC became extremely slow, anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  7. high desktop windows manager ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high desktop windows manager ram usage: I checked my task manager, and my desktop window manager takes up over 1000 mb, about as much a fully fledged and heavy game, about as much as adobe, about as much as a browser with many atbs open, is that normal? if not how do i fix it? submitted by /u/danielis3 [link]...
  8. DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWM RAM HIGH Desktop Window Manager: Hi, recently I have noticed that the memory usage is large for DWM on my lenovo legion gaming laptop. It could have used a large amount prior to me noticing it as I haven't really ever checked the task manager. It goes up to 250MB. Also just to note that the laptop won't have...
  9. High ram usage by Desktop Window Manager

High ram usage by Desktop Window Manager: I have recently been noticing that the Desktop Window Manager has been taking up large amounts of memory, up to two gigs when I was watching it. My question is, why? I've never seen this process use so much memory before on any other computer I have used in the past. Is it...
  10. High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager

High RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager: [ATTACH] Since last couple of months I have been experiencing high RAM usage by Desktop Window Manager (up to even 3 GB). Can someone please confirm if it is normal or should I worry about this case.I have my new laptop optimized and also the specs are pretty good (9750H,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwm.exe use lots of ram