Windows 10: Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on

Discus and support Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have some problem with my memory, it will consume more and more as time go on.--> The "" is Desktop Window Manager dwn, and it use about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonathan.Chen, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on

Hello, I have some problem with my memory, it will consume more and more as time go on.--> The "" is Desktop Window Manager dwn, and it use about 400MB.--> I also encounter a situation that become 1000MB.--> I search something for it and it seems that less than 100MB is correct.Does anyone know how to repair it ?

:)

Jonathan.Chen, Jul 23, 2021
  2. MiroMaged Win User

My laptop has 12 GBs of RAM installed, but it said that only 2.41 GBs of RAM is usable. How do i change this.

Done. It didn't detect any problem but then it still says that that only 2.41 Gigabytes are usable. Im even adding a photo showing the problem. Take a look at the Installed RAM.
    Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on 6c178eb4-4b78-45f8-bb5d-6544caccc3e9.png

MiroMaged, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    My laptop has 12 GBs of RAM installed, but it said that only 2.41 GBs of RAM is usable. How do i change this.

We appreciate your time responding to our reply. We suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. This tool Follow these steps to run the tool:

• Type memory on the Search box from your desktop.
    • Select and run Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Jul 23, 2021
  4. imanalien Win User

Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on

1. Desktop Window Manager dwn using more and more RAM as time goes on - Similar Threads - Desktop Window Manager

2. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal: I was play a game on my laptop which is usually very smooth but now it’s frame rate drops more than normal so I checked the task manager and it looks like the Windows desktop manager is using more gpu than normal. I think that’s the problem, is there any way to fix this?...
  3. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal: I was play a game on my laptop which is usually very smooth but now it’s frame rate drops more than normal so I checked the task manager and it looks like the Windows desktop manager is using more gpu than normal. I think that’s the problem, is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Windows Desktop Manager Using more GPU than normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Desktop Windows Manager is gradually taking up more and more RAM.

My Desktop Windows Manager is gradually taking up more and more RAM.: After updating my Windows 10 with the latest update, my DWM is constantly taking up more and more Memory. It's gotten to the point where it took up 96% of my RAM just because I left my laptop open. I have a Lenovo IPS 3, with an i5-10210U CPU, and a NVIDIA GeForce MX 130,...
  6. More RAM

More RAM: Is there an way to get more RAM? or optimize it for Gaming? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-ram/6563cc3a-a01c-462b-8e34-ae450b6503c6
  7. Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop

Windows using more than 6gb of ram in the desktop: exactly as subject says, I have tried deleting files that could be malicious and screening for malware, even disabling lots of programs and deleting others that could be sketchy. Link to windows performance recorder on dropbox,...
  8. RAM use more and more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM use more and more: Ram is consuming more and more altough i have 8 gb of ram. Even there is no program running or any high usage program is not running then also RAM stay above 6.8 or 7.1out of 7.9. Please help me in fixing this issue....
  9. More ram

More ram: hi,guys I have a dell inspiron m5040 laptop, it seems to load web pages a bit on the slow side, I note its using 4 GB of ram at the moment, I believe I can add a further 4 GB of ram, do you guys think the upgrade to a total of 8 GB of ram would load web pages faster, thanks...
  10. Adding more "Ram" ?

Adding more "Ram" ?: I noticed that my laptop could handle a little more "Ram" so i ran the Crucial info tool and the screenshot shows what options i have . I have an Asus U56e laptop which i believe came with 6 gigs of Ram , would going this route improve speed even by a small amount ?...